Apply on Company Website
As the Business Analyst, Enterprise Business Intelligence (“BA-EBI”) you will shape the direction and implementation of business intelligence at Teach For America and enable our increasingly large, decentralized organization to make better, faster decisions using the wealth of data and information gathered by our staff and stored in our various data systems.
As the BA-EBI, you will build and informally manage a set of business SMEs; drive investment in our approach with key business stakeholders; and collaborate with other parts of our technology team, including other business analysts and technical leads. You will report to the Managing Director, Enterprise Business Analysis. The Team
Our team loves to collaborate. We partner with every team in the organization to create world-class technology solutions that staff uses to make the decisions necessary to more effectively and efficiently get all kids access to educational opportunity. To do so, we work with some of the largest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise. Our team works very hard, but we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy game nights, team dinners and happy hours, quarterly trivia outings, and potlucks centered on the holidays of many different cultures. We embrace each other’s differences and look for the joy in accomplishing big goals as a team.Primary Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Requirements Prior Experience
- Inform, implement and support our Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) strategy, taking into account each business partner team’s priorities, industry best practices, and constraints unique to our technology environment.
- Cultivate, deepen and own relationships with business stakeholders via phone, video conference call and in-person meetings in order to deeply understand their operating context and evolving priorities; to communicate and promote the vision for EBI; and to accurately set expectations regarding the level of business involvement required for impactful reporting.
- Create high quality business and functional requirements documentation which ensures that the business needs are met while at the same time adhering to the long-term goal of enterprise-wide self-service reporting.
- Be a center of excellence for support to business stakeholders and BAs for everything from creating and updating complex Business Objects reports to understanding the impact of business process changes and the related technology updates on how data is reported.
- Support the project manager(s) and technical leads in ensuring that our SDLC processes are followed by business stakeholders, yourself and others on the technical team.
- 2+ years of experience with SAP Business Objects preferred (or one of the following tools: Qlikview / Cognos / Microsoft Reporting services, Relational Database concepts, Web Analytics tools)
- Experience documenting business requirements specific to reporting (e.g., ERM diagrams, data flow diagrams, process flows, business rules, use cases and KPI definitions) desired
- Experience working with databases, including at least one CRM application, desired
- Experience implementing enterprise dashboards and scorecards
- Experience supporting ad-hoc query and self-service reporting users
- Some weekend and evening work required
- Ability to travel to in-person meetings in various U.S. cities up to 5%
- Detail-oriented, methodical and organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including facilitating meetings with stakeholders representing disparate concerns, bridging communication gaps between technical and non-technical project staff, and creating meeting documentation that is clear, concise and easily referenced.
- Effective, active listening skills to identify concerns, clarify contributing factors and define the problem for issues raised by team and clients.
- Excellent problem solving skills that center on collaboration and active listening: able to structure problems independently, cut to the heart of complex topics, identify tactical solutions and find connections across multiple themes.
- Ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the link to the online application. Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.