The The Sr. BI Developer / Admin, reports to the SMD, Business Intelligence Services. In this capacity, this senior developer/specialist performs at the strategic level within the technology development organization, as well as delivery of one or more enterprise reporting initiatives associated with all software systems at Teach For America.
As a professional in the highly motivated Information Technology development team, he/she is responsible for enhancing and streamlining the reporting requirements. He/she may mentor other developers and communicate closely with the rest of the technology development team.
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for the position. Information Technology Team Our team loves to collaborate. We partner with every other team in the organization to create world-class technology solutions that staff and corps members use to more effectively and efficiently get all kids access to educational opportunity. To do so, we work with some of the largest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise. Our team works very hard, but we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy game nights, quarterly trivia outings, and themed potlucks where we get together to eat and explore each other's cultures and favorite recipes. Responsibilities
- The candidate will partner with IT application development, business analysts and business-user communities to gather and analyze functional reporting requirements. They will become a subject matter expert in the data, process and data models of the business area.
- Efficiently and effectively interact with the business users, business analysts, and developers to translate needs into business requirements, technical requirements, and BI solutions including reports and models.
- Responsible for developing BO universes, reports and dashboards that enable data driven decisions
- Using strong analytical skills ready to contribute to the database design
- Create and implement test plans. Perform data validation and unit testing.
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in reports to determine the appropriate resolution.
- Perform maintenance and production support as part of their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Actively participate in data modeling to develop and maintain effective BI data repositories including data marts and universes as well in defining ETL requirements and work with data modelers, ETL developers and DBAs.
12+ years overall IT/Technology development and reporting experience in a dynamic environment
10+ years demonstrated leadership experience in successfully implementing through design, development and implementation of BI/reporting solutions.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills to work with management, vendors and colleagues at levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated project management skills Testing
- Strong Stakeholder orientation. Ability to train business users in self service reporting
- Experience leading/implementing Agile development methodologies SDLC methodologies
- Technical Competency:
10+ years of Business Objects design and development of Universes and Reports or equivalent. Firm understanding of Business Objects XI and its most current features. Significant experience in Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Designer, Xcelsius Live Office
- Significant experience gathering requirements and analyzing data.
- 2+ years of hands on Business Objects server administration using CMC, deployments using LCM trouble shooting
2+ years of hands on experience in building custom BI applications and BI integrations using BoE SDK/BI Web Services
- Strong experience in SQL, building database views and SQL performance tuning on SQL Server, Oracle Open Source databases like Postgres as needed
- Strong knowledge and adherence of development methodologies, standards and best practice
- Ability to work in conjunction with others, including providing support
- Hands on experience with Unix Shell, Macros, Perl or other scripting language
- Experience in a data visualization tools like Qlikview, Mobile BI a big plus
- Experience in an ETL development tool like Informatica is preferred.
Additional knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, organized, and possess good writing and communication skills
- Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage workload and work effectively with little supervision.
- Excellent mentor and coach
Application Requirements and Process
- A four-year degree or more in Computer Science, BSEE, MIS or a related field
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application. Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. About Teach For America
All kids deserve the chance to reach their full potential, and at Teach For America, we believe an excellent education is the one of the most effective way to give them that opportunity. Yet millions of children growing up in poverty lack access to a high-quality education. As a result, just 8% of kids from low-income communities will graduate from college by the time they are 24, compared with 80% of kids from more affluent areas. This problem, with disproportionately and unjustly affects African American and Latino children, not only limits students' life opportunities, but families, communities, and our nation suffer when vast numbers of children fall behind. Teach For America helps to eliminate this injustice by recruiting, developing, and supporting leaders committed to creating change. Our work is about people: students - the leaders of tomorrow - with their limitless potential; parents, who want to give their kids the best; our teachers - called corps members - tirelessly working to help their students excel; alumni of our corps, a mighty force for social change; and the staff, supporters, and partners who make our efforts possible. These individuals from diverse experiences and backgrounds are united by one goal - that one day, all children in our nation will have access to an excellent education. To effectively reach that day, our outcomes-oriented organization is powered by a $270 million budget and more than 1,900 talented, passionate staff members. We are committed to constant growth and improvement and to providing staff with opportunities for professional development. Our organization welcomes leadership and innovation from all levels. We also know that in order to be successful, we need staff members from diverse backgrounds, especially those that share the backgrounds of low-income students, so we place a particular focus on diversity and inclusiveness. We were deeply humbled, but not surprised, when Fortune named us a "Best Company to Work For" for three years in a row.