Executive Assistant, Technology Job Listing at Teach For America in New York, NY (Job ID a0xd0000000OlWxAAK)
The Business Operation Assistant’s overall responsibility is to provide administrative support to the VP, IT Business Operations and to the VP, Strategy Planning. This includes administrative support, calendar management, expense management, scheduling team retreats, coordinating travel arrangements and working on special projects as needed. Additionally, the assistant will be supporting the Director, IT Procurement; the Managing Director, Financial Analysis and the Project Managers.
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining procurement team tracking and reporting and be responsible for the coordination of the monthly forecast meetings. The successful candidate will possess a strong attention to detail, be able to manage a large volume of data, have strong communication skills, and possess a customer service orientation. Experience working in finance, vendor management, procurement, billing, and/or internal corporate customer service is a plus.
Administrative support staff members assist senior leaders and entire teams with their day-to-day administrative work, and therefore need to manage a number of different projects with precise attention to detail and seamless execution. Their work is a crucial driver of our organization's success and ultimately helps empower our mission of ending educational inequity.
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
A competitive candidate for administrative support staff roles at Teach For America is ambitious, committed to excellence in their work, operates with a positive attitude, and is driven by our mission of closing the achievement gap for children growing up in under served communities.
We look for individuals who thrive in roles where they are managing logistics, consistently performing routine procedures and maintaining office systems. Individuals in these roles must be strong self-starters and able to execute at a high level independently in order to make the workload of the broader team more manageable. Applicants should also have a passion for our mission and demonstrate respect and humility for their colleagues.
· Providing administrative support, including: extensive use of MS Outlook for scheduling all internal and external meetings and conference calls
· Coordinating travel logistics for team members, including transportation and lodging arrangements
· Handling logistics, drafting agendas, providing advanced materials, and executing follow up for meetings and team conferences
· Handling expense reports and processing reimbursements
· Managing internal and cross-enterprise communications
· Engaging in special projects in support of the team, as directed
· Working collaboratively with other team assistants across the organization
Competencies Skill Knowledge
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to think critically, with a high level of organization, attention to detail and energy
· Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Ability to handle multiple tasks at once with a spirit of flexibility, sense of possibility, and a strong customer service ethic
· Effective and professional communication skills, especially in written correspondence
· Professional that works with a sense of urgency and sense of possibility
Education and Professional Experience
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Office/Clerical jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Accountemps - New York, NY
Sales Assistant - Apply Today!
OfficeTeam - West Long Branch, NJ
OfficeTeam - Eatontown, NJ
Locate this job: