Apply on Company Website
The Production Quality Group focuses on quality improvements across Technology Operations and Support Services Team that translate into an enhanced user experience and maximize the productivity. The team is responsible for
- Process improvement based on ITIL best practices.
- Service-Now administrations and implementations for IT Service Management.
- Infrastructure project management.
- Application Release Management.
This position will reside in the Production Quality Group and have the opportunity to work on application release management, infrastructure process improvement projects, identify workflow improvements, help structure policies and procedures and collaborate towards the setup of the IT Service Management process. Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the SMD, Production Quality, help Implement ITSM system, ServiceNow, for Technology Operations and Support Services team by defining the business requirements, prioritizing the ITSM components for implementation and configuring the system for production readiness. Expand the system usage to other business units.
- Interact with the IT application development team in tracking and approving application releases.
- Manage and interact with external vendors and internal groups throughout the completion of a project.
- Build relationships with project stakeholders including team members, peers, managers, customers, vendors, and other affected departments to coordinate efforts across multiple business units.
- Analyze and monitor project performance to maintain the quality of services, deliverables, and content with regards to the infrastructure environment.
- Assist in directing both internal and external resources to achieve business solutions within project guidelines
- Collaborate and communicate with other stakeholders and leaders to coordinate cross-team improvement initiatives and activities.
- Identify and eliminate obstacles to solution plans, business goals or implementation. Assists in the development and implementation of contingency plans.
- Identify operational improvements, workflow gaps and lend toe the IT Service Management process.
- Work with function team leaders to review product readiness for production and adhere to standardized release process.
- 3+ year experience in an enterprise-level environment with process improvement initiatives.
- Technical expertise in ITIL v3.
- Technical expertise in infrastructure project planning, documentation, communications, resource allocation; MS Project Server, Visio, and other PM and documentation tools a plus.
- Knowledge of application release management.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure components which include network, directory services, security, server and storage technologies.
- Experience in research, vendor comparison, quotations, statements of work (SOW), and contract/vendor negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal and team relationship skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication,
- ability to multi-task, facilitate meetings, ability to identify improvement opportunities, keep projects documentation and work independently as well as part of a team, detail oriented.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field and or equivalent work experience
- ITIL v3 Certification a plus
- PMP or PMI Certification a plus
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the link to the online application. Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.