Teach For America’s corporate systems track nearly 2000 employees and a budget close to $300 million dollars. As Project Manager, Corporate Systems, you will manage major technology development and implementation initiatives for internal client stakeholders, primarily our human resources and finance teams. In this role, you’ll leverage your project management, problem-solving, and relationship-building skills to plan and deliver solutions with tangible business value, while effectively managing organizational resources effectively (time, people, budget). You will report to the Managing Director, Project Management – Corporate Systems. The Team
Our teams love to collaborate. We partner with every other team in the organization to create world-class technology solutions that staff and corps members use to more effectively and efficiently get all kids access to educational opportunity. To do so, we work with some of the largest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise. Our team works very hard, but we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy game nights, quarterly trivia outings, and themed potlucks where we get together to eat and explore each other’s cultures and favorite recipes.Primary Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects focused on Corporate Systems, working predominantly with the human resources and finance teams.
- Develop and maintain cost-conscious project plans that meet organizational objectives and timelines for both technology solutions and business process improvements
- Identify key project stakeholders both internally and externally, including vendors, and manage those relationships in support of a comprehensive approach to each project
- Manage and communicate the status of active and pending projects to all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Proactively manage and mitigate issues and risks to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters
- Follows processes and methodology set forth by the PMO
- Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- At least 5 years of project management experience and two or more years of previous experience as a technical project contributor
- At least 5 years of experience working on financial systems implementations and upgrades.
- Demonstrated project management experience leading matrix-based teams of 5-20 people representing a mix of internal staff, vendors, contractors and consultants
- Strong experience delivering both packaged and custom-developed applications
- Solid experience with business analysis, system design concepts, on-going technology support processes, and all related systems development life cycle processes.
- Experience using PMI standards and a software development process (SDLC).
- In-depth knowledge of financial human resources systems (Workday or PeopleSoft preferred) and business processes
- Practical experience implementing General Accounting, Payroll, Time Keeping and other financial systems. Experience with financial controls or knowledge and understanding of a controlled environment.
- Position is located on site in our NYC National office
- Occasional travel (less than 10%)
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects.
- Ability to produce accurate software estimations and budgets
- Strong business process design and documentation skills
- Strong team leadership, excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; remove barriers, influence stakeholders and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of leadership with proven expertise in managing meetings, presentations, and design sessions. Includes coordination of regular project and ad-hoc meetings and working sessions.
- Detailed knowledge of MS Project
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems (or related field) or equivalent work experience
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the link to the online application. Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.