Apply on Company Website
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst lead is a terrific opportunity to make a significant impact on technology quality assurance at Teach for America. The Sr. Quality Assurance Lead will play a key role in leading Human Resources and Finance Technology Solutions. As a member of the dynamic and highly motivated enterprise technology development team, the Sr. Quality Assurance Lead plays an important role in ensuring our Human Resources and Finance technology solutions as well as packaged software meet the desired requirements effectively. Define, develop and execute, manual automation test engineering tasks, which include developing QA process and procedures and implementing automation framework, automation test process, gathering automation test requirements and analysis, monitoring/analyzing test results, collecting test metrics and conducting test reporting. Depending upon the scope of each project, the Sr. Quality lead Analyst will work directly with developers, business analysts, project managers and business owners. The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst reports to the Senior Managing Director, Quality Assurance Lead. The Team
Our team loves to collaborate. We partner with every other team in the organization to create world-class technology solutions that staff and corps members use to more effectively and efficiently get all kids access to educational opportunity. To do so, we work with some of the largest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise. Our team works very hard, but we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy game nights, quarterly trivia outings, and themed potlucks where we get together to eat and explore each other's cultures and favorite recipes. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead multiple Human Resources and Finance projects
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in Human Resources and Finance IT QA arena
- Provide effort estimates and Planning
- Contribute and Improve QA process, procedures and methodologies
- Manage all aspects of the QA project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases of project completion (using waterfall, Agile/Scrum and SDLC methodologies).
- Rigorously manage QA scope to ensure quality deliverables are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Contributes QA Tasks to the project plans that meet overall project objectives and timelines .
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally, including, Business Analysts, business partners, vendors, and managing those relationships in support of a comprehensive approach to each project
- Proactively manage and highlight risks and mitigation
- Manages QA resources efficiently - time, people and budget
- Follows processes and methodology set forth by the IT QA
- Partners with business sponsors and Business Analysts to define success metrics and criteria.
- Developing thorough test plans, Functional and Integration testing , Automation Testing and Performance testing that:
- Ensure the effectiveness of custom and packaged technology solutions
- Validate each solution's ability to meet requirements
- Guide business users in appropriate verification of functionalities
- Coordinate, conduct, and track execution of appropriate testing plans
- Coordinate UAT with Business and Business Analyst
- Work with development teams to identify key areas of risks in new solutions
- Proficiency working in an Agile environment
- Communicating testing status on a regular basis to project team and IT management
- Help define the future of automated testing tools for the back/front end
- Proficiency developing, maintaining and enhancing comprehensive test cases
- Capable of working in a complex testing environment
- Recommending and developing efficient test methodologies and implementing bug tracking system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 10+ years of experience in technical Quality Assurance lead, focused on Human Resources and/or Finance technologies, web-based solutions, as well as large-packaged ERP / CRM solutions (E.g. PeopleSoft , SAP , Workday).
- Contribute to Automation Framework that provides a structured and repeatable approach to meeting reusable objectives
- Able to Analyze potential Automation scripts
- Establish objectives that enables when application meets Automation scripting goals
- Generate Automation scripts in QTP , Selenium
- Experience working Quality Center, Jira
- Experience managing Human Resources and/or Finance Projects is a big plus
- Experience working with Integrations Eg: ETL Informatica tool
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have exceptional writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated a record of successfully leading and mentoring QA Analysts
- Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Excellent team player
- At least a four-year degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
Benefits and Salary
- To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the link to the online application.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/benefitspackage. Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/staff-diversity. This job description reflects Teach For America's assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.