SQL Server DBA Job Listing at Teach For America in New York, NY (Job ID a0xd0000000P1HnAAK)
SQL Server DBA (New York City)
The Database Administrator will play an important role within our Production Operations Team. The incumbent will help design, install, manage and support our SQL Server and other RDBMS infrastructures. Responsibilities include providing database administration support, cross-team collaboration, delivery of database projects per schedule and helping achieve operational excellence in our Production Operations Team.
Summary of Responsibilities and Duties
· Collaborate with application owners, members of the technology team, and interaction with our off-shore team for architecting, designing, implementing and managing the SQL Server environment
· Responsible for performance tuning, monitoring, security, capacity management, and automation of the environment
· Develop, test and implement the strategy for high availability, backup and recovery, and disaster recovery solutions
· Manage all databases in Development, QA, Production and Disaster recovery environments
· Manage installation, upgrade, and patch management per best practice and controlled project management lifecycles
· Implementing and configuring database monitoring scripts and tools
· Provide off hours support and maintenance as required, part of the 24x7 operations support on-call rotations
· Willingness to learn and support other Databases like Oracle, DB2 and Postgres
Experience and Competencies
· 3+ years’ experience as an enterprise-level SQL server DBA role using SQL server 2005, 2008.
· Experience with SQL server SSIS, Reporting Services
· Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
· SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Team player, core values and an interest in working in a mission driven environment
· Experience with SQL Server cluster is a plus
· BS degree in Computer Science or related field and or equivalent work experience
· OCP certification, a plus
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT - Database Systems jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Programmer / Data Analyst
Sharp Decisions - New York, NY
Acquity Group Mobile Application Architect
Accenture - New York, NY
Emerging Technology Innovation - Big Data hands-on Architect
Accenture - New York, NY
Locate this job: