User Experience Designer (New York, NY) Job Listing at Teach For America in New York, NY (Job ID a0xd0000001Vdr6AAC)
We are looking for a talented, passionate user experience professional to design great applications that help fuel the movement to eliminate educational inequity. As the Junior User Experience Designer at Teach for America, you will work collaboratively within the User experience team to formulate design strategy, and create easy-to-learn, easy-to-use applications. You will also be responsible for prototyping and articulating functionality to partner teams. The roles reports to the User Experience Director.
Primary Responsibilities · Clearly articulate visions and conceptualize multiple high-quality, cross-platform solutions (desktop, tablet and mobile).
· Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts as necessary to clearly communicate design concepts.
· Effectively translate complex requirements into easy to understand interfaces.
· Create and enact research plans for both new and existing products; working directly with both business stakeholders and product users.
· Perform usability tests on both existing products, and process artifacts such as wireframes and prototypes.
· Collaborate and effectively communicate findings across diverse teams
· Be a leader in user-centered, contextual, and participatory design processes,
· Occasional travel is required (once per quarter)
Education · Bachelor's degree required
· Degree in human-computer interaction, design, cognitive science, psychology, architecture, city planning, or other related field is a plus
Apply Now · Please include work samples or portfolio link with your application.
· For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.teachforamerica.org.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/benefitspackage.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/staff-diversity.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
SEO Copywriter (macys.com)
Macy's - New York, NY
Senior Mobile Designer
24 Seven - New York, NY
Senior Information Architect
Fidelity Investments - Jersey City, NJ
Locate this job: