The Indirect Material Buyer will define and lead the strategies for; sourcing, negotiation, administration and implementation of various commodity agreements for Tenneco facilities throughout North America.
Diverse commodity assignments may include plant and corporate services, capital equipment, MRO supplies, packaging, and/or other commodities related to Tenneco business needs.
- Identifies opportunities for Tenneco to leverage volumes on selected commodities to obtain the lowest total cost of materials and services.
- Collects data on plant volumes and spend, determines service and quality requirements, researches potential sources, solicits proposals, analyzes, and makes sourcing recommendations.
- Lead cross functional sourcing teams and develop strategies to exceed operational requirements.
- Negotiate long term agreements and actively participate in global negotiations where applicable.
- Support the development and align respective suppliers with published commodity strategies.
- Assist Tenneco sites in successful implementation of LTA’s and insure resolution of open issues. Develop and monitor supplier performance to metrics established.
- Manage supplier productivity programs for assigned commodities and work with the manufacturing plants to reduce Tenneco’s overall cost of doing business.
- Maintain compliance to purchasing policies and procedures.
- Provide appropriate reports and analysis as required.
- Interface and assist with capital and tooling acquisitions.
- Maintains records of cost savings achieved in the TVM system.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written. Must be able to present to a large mixed audience. Able to communicate effectively both to executive level and plant level staff.
- Strong team player with ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Excellent PC skills required: Excel, Access PowerPoint and SAP experience required; experience with Tenneco software systems is highly desired (Planview, Tital, Supply Web, Lotus Notes).
- Customer service oriented; responsive to needs of internal customers suppliers.
- Willing to travel, as required (estimate 15%).
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Motivated self-starter who works independently to identify opportunities, designs a solid business case, and sells ideas / plans to a diverse user group.
Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree is preferred - Business, Accounting, Supply Chain, or related concentration is ideal. Other degree concentration will be considered.
Minimum five years of professions work experience within a corporate environment.
Strong candidates that do not meet all requirements may be considered.