Apply on Company Website
Position has responsibilities to lead research, analysis and development of new products in exhaust technologies for the original equipment manufacturers. Position requires translating customer technical requirements, developing product performance/durability specifications, vendor contact, technical development program management, developing and scheduling test programs.
- Manage individual new product development projects and coordinate activities with outside suppliers, within the department and cross- functionally to meet milestone dates.
- Perform engineering analysis, calculations, develop mathematical models, utilize CAD and acoustic prediction software (GT-Power, Ricardo WAVE or equivalent) to generate designs for development.
- Generate new ideas regarding engineering improvements, new applications and inventions, support and recognize patentable concepts/designs
- Perform and lead product development testing, instrumentation data acquisition, generate design of experiments, analyze and generate reports with recommendations and conclusions.
- Support modifications to existing tests, procedures, standards and specifications
- Perform dimension/tolerance techniques (GD T, stack-ups)
- Prepare and present technical data for customer communications.
- Provide technical assistance for prototype and pre-production development of new designs.
- Manage prints and component drawings, engineering changes and product design issues.
- Ensure program conformance to TA and Customer Design Standards.
- Participate in simultaneous engineering activities, including NPIS teams, related to development issues for both internal and external customers.
- Complete special projects, as required.
- Support and adhere to TA EHS policies and procedures.
- B.S. Engineering preferably in automotive product engineering.
- Preferably 5 year’s automotive experience.
- Working knowledge of CAD, FMEA GDT with basic programming experience in VB or C++ (or equivalent)
- Must have the ability to utilize problem solving tools and development methods (DOE, statistical analysis experience a plus)
- Must have the ability to generate engineering analysis programs, perform spreadsheet calculations, utilize program management, graphics and word processing software.
- Demonstrated DVPR and/or exhaust reliability experience.
- Exhaust manufacturing experience and knowledge of lean enterprising principles a plus.
- Ability to travel to suppliers, plants, and customer locations to support development requirements.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.