Apply on Company Website
This position will be responsible for developing and integrating advanced embedded exhaust aftertreatment control strategies, calibrating the control strategy, and contributing to software verification, validation and optimization. In addition, the role will include technical guidance to customers and suppliers.
- Contribute to and/or lead Advanced Engineering projects to develop new and/or improved processes and innovations to provide value for Tenneco.
- Prepare and present technical reports, both for internal audiences as well as for customers and others in the technical community.
- Co-ordinate calibration, testing and integration.
- Co-ordinate laboratory resources to perform exhaust system/component testing, to set-up and calibrate engine and vehicle chassis dynamometers
- Create comprehensive test plans, using DoE methods when appropriate, collect and analyze technical data to understand system behavior and propose improvements.
- Create system level requirements for control systems including specification of electrical interfaces (sensors, actuators), functionality and diagnostics
- Create software requirements documentation, contribute to software peer reviews, conduct software unit testing and participate in software validation requirements definition.
- Attend training sessions, seminars, and conferences to expand job knowledge and skills and network with professional colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
- Interface with suppliers and research centers to innovate new product / technology concepts, initiating methods and tools to reduce costs, increase throughput, and advance capabilities.
- Anticipate and analyze customers’ needs for new technologies and formulate recommendations for their design and development, integrating control strategies with the Engine Control Unit.
- Perform and lead new product analysis and predictive tools and evaluation techniques
- Participate in the creation and review of concept, design, and process FMEAs and DVPRs.
- Develop and maintain requirements books and best practices library, yielding work instructions, design guidelines, process flows, and standardization techniques.
- Assist program development activities in applying developed control technologies through effective knowledge transfer with documentation, presentations, and interactive communications.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Masters in Engineering a plus
- 8+ years of experience with developing embedded Controls for powertrain and automotive electronics
- Excellent knowledge of engine control systems and calibration methods
- Working knowledge of automotive network protocols (J1939, ISO 15765) and diagnostics, including OBDII
- Strong understanding of exhaust emission control system requirements, including aftertreatment control for PM and NOx abatement.
- Self-directed with good written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record working in team environment
- Understanding of embedded software development and calibration development processes
- Vehicle testing and engine calibration experience a big plus
- Familiarity with modern algorithm development and analysis tools, i.e. Matlab/Simulink, INCA, ATI Vision, CANalyzer, Open ECU, Motohawk, code warrior, and MS Office applications