Apply on Company Website
This position will be responsible for developing and integrating exhaust aftertreatment calibrations and contributing to calibration verification, validation and optimization. In addition, the role will include technical guidance to customers and suppliers.
- Contribute to and/or lead Systems Engineering projects to develop new and/or improved processes and innovations to provide value for Tenneco.
- Prepare and present technical reports, both for internal audiences as well as for customers and others in the technical community.
- Co-ordinate calibration, testing and integration.
- Co-ordinate laboratory resources to perform exhaust system/component testing, to set-up and calibrate engine and vehicle chassis dynamometers.
- Create comprehensive test plans, using DoE methods when appropriate, collect and analyze technical data to understand system behavior and propose improvements.
- Attend training sessions, seminars, and conferences to expand job knowledge and skills and network with professional colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
- Participate in the creation and review of concept, design, and process FMEAs and DVPRs.
- Contribute to the development of requirements books and best practices library, yielding work instructions, design guidelines, process flows, and standardization techniques.
- Assist program development activities in applying developed control technologies through effective knowledge transfer with documentation, presentations, and interactive communications.
- Anticipate and analyze customers’ needs for new technologies and formulate recommendations for their design and development, integrating control strategies with the Engine Control Unit.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Masters in Engineering a plus.
- 10+ years of experience with developing calibrations for automotive electronics, powertrain preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of engine control systems and calibration methods is a plus.
- Working knowledge of automotive network protocols (J1939, ISO 15765) and diagnostics, including OBDII.
- Strong understanding of exhaust emission control system requirements, including aftertreatment control for PM and NOx abatement.
- Self-directed with good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven track record working in team environment.
- Understanding of embedded software development and calibration development processes.
- Strong understanding of vehicle testing methodologies.
- Familiarity with modern algorithm development and analysis tools, i.e. Matlab/Simulink, INCA, ATI Vision, CANalyzer, Open ECU, Motohawk, code warrior, and MS Office applications.
- English written and verbal skills a must.