Apply on Company Website
This position is for a self motivated engineer to deliver product design concepts to a production feasible status. Position requires good understanding of manufacturing and engineering principles. Customer focus is essential to ensure needs of both internal and external are designed into the product. Interface with various customers will be required to provide ride and drives and technical support to marketing.
- Manage individual new product development projects and coordinate activities within the department, cross-functional, and with outside suppliers to meet milestone dates.
- Perform engineering analysis and calculations; utilize the engineering network, and PC software to generate designs for development. Include training to be a Green Belt with Six Sigma techniques for product improvement.
- Release of appropriate design documentation including bill of material, design FMEA, etc.
- Support activity to standardize engineering practices and procedures within the company.
- Support and deliver new coverage strut shock products to allow for business growth.
- Identify and implement cost savings ideas.
- Conduct design reviews to comply with TSO procedures.
- Support prototype costing and timing.
- Coordinate product testing activities.
- Travel to customer locations, plants and supplier locations, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering required
- Minimum of three years engineering work experience in a related field
- PC capable to generate engineering analysis programs, perform spreadsheet calculations, program management, and word processing
- Working knowledge of CAD solidworks is a plus
- Candidate must be self-motivated and innovative
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to function and lead in a team environment
- Good writing and oral communication skills essential to dialogue with customers