Apply on Company Website
Oversees all manufacturing related activities for the designated work area in a manner that supports facility and company goals and objectives. Provides direct supervision of assigned hourly employees. Other responsibilities include Environmental/Health and Safety administration, Quality Systems, internal customer interface, preventative and daily maintenance, daily operations and positive employee relations.
- Facilitate/supervise the efforts of hourly associates in the area of responsibility on designated shift.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment for all employees by conducting weekly housekeeping audits and working towards the 5S goals.
- Ensure compliance with the plant policies and procedures including requirements for ISO/TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Work towards positive employee relations with the department.
- This includes addressing and resolving all employee concerns promptly.
- Continuously improve safety; quality, and productivity through BOS brainstorming sessions.
- Confer with other key personnel to coordinate activities of the shift.
- Ensure production schedules are met to meet customer needs and maintaining appropriate paper work.
- Manage and monitor the relationship of downtime, changeovers, and process improvements through BOS as it directly relates to quality, efficiency and scrap.
- Utilize Lean principles and BOS processes at the cell, department and plant levels.
- Promote ideas and proposals persuasively and energetically and have a clear vision of performance goals for the plant/business.
- Encourage positive and open communication with hourly associates.
- Maintain order and discipline throughout the area of responsibility.
- Work closely with production employees and Engineering and Quality to assure parts of specifications are in compliance.
- Use structured problem solving techniques and documentation to resolve equipment/process issues, including documenting standardized work procedures as it relates to process and changeover requirements.
- Good computer skills including experience with developing spreadsheets and creating presentations.
- Experience with championing change and facilitating team related with improving the business.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to assess strengths and developmental needs of employees as well as provide challenging assignments and opportunities for development for the employees through performance appraisals.
- Ability to maintain and improve employee relations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work any shift.