Locate this job
The primary focus of this position is program management and technical interface between Tenneco and the customer engineering groups. This position is for a self motivated engineer to deliver product design concepts to a cost effective production feasible status.
- Meet with customers in an application engineering role to learn technical requirements for new business opportunities.
- Develop and optimize high value, cost effective new part or system designs based on customer requirements and Tenneco engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
- Independently develop and deliver design presentations to customers to demonstrate how Tenneco can meet their needs.
- Develop and execute project management plans for new or existing projects.
- Lead the NPIS/APQP teams on these projects from concept through production. Ensure compliance with customer drawings and specifications as well as Government regulations.
- Resolve requirement issues directly with customer Engineers.
- Coordinate testing, design, FMEA, and prototype activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Champion Total Value Management (TVM) initiatives within your areas of responsibilities.
- Provide support to the manufacturing production facilities to launch new products and resolve technical issues.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Ability to function and lead in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent. Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
Apply on company website