Apply on Company Website
Tube mill Manufacturing Engineer for High Frequency tube mill manufacturing of thin wall tubing for automotive industry. Responsible for continuous improvement of quality, through-put improvements and cost reduction to meet and exceed internal and external customer requirements. Requires extensive interaction with Product Engineering, Quality Engineering, and Manufacturing, as well as heavy involvement with Production Tube Mill Operators.
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of Tube mill engineering projects. Duties will include working with manufacturing personnel regarding part design, quality issues, and safety. Estimating tooling and production costs, machine maintenance, operator training, continuous improvement, and process/manufacturing cost reductions.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, maintaining and improving capable production processes, methods and sequences to achieve quality, through-put and cost targets.
- Project management of new equipment and tools, including evaluation, specification, selection, justification, acquisition, installation, validation and operation for manufacturing. May lead Process FMEAs and participate in Design FMEAs with cross-functional groups including Quality, Product Engineering, and Suppliers.
- Actively involved in TS-16949 processes including Control Plans, PPAPs, Process Capability Studies, Statistical Process Controls, Gauging and Testing Techniques.
- Lead, support and encourage improvement projects (Kaizen) in conjunction with Maintenance, Manufacturing, and Quality through individual and team development.
- Proposes and implements cost reduction, work flow and quality improvement programs for manufacturing processes supportive of Tenneco cost, quality, delivery and safety goals.
- Assists in the development, performance and optimization of preventative maintenance activities and systems.
- Create and maintain manufacturing documentation as required by the various Operating procedures such as Maintaining Bills of Material, Labor Routings, Quality Process Documentation, etc.
- Train others and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to implement changes.
- Demonstrate successful Project Management techniques and abilities by combining Engineering skills and people skills.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards. Coordinates activities of contractors and ensures that all equipment documentation is current including blueprints, handbooks, and schematics.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Optimize manufacturing processes to include standardization of common applications, troubleshooting production problems, networking of systems, and implementing required training programs.
- Provide support for production by guiding and assisting maintenance, the tool shop, and the technicians on rebuilds and breakdowns.
- Interface with manufacturing to ensure a safe, team oriented environment which includes ongoing safety and ergonomic reviews.
- Supports company initiatives and programs such as Lean, Six Sigma, and TVM reductions.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or manufacturing technology with 5-7 years related experience in tube mill operations and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability to lead highly complex projects, problems solving, and recognized as technical expert in tube forming technology.
- Familiar with the following processes: high frequency tube, flying cut-off, de-dimpling and de-burring
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both through written and verbal means with employees at all levels of the company.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must understand the plant goals and be able to drive improvements to help meet those goals
- Excellent computer skills (SAP, Microsoft Office etc)
- Ability to lead teams, 8-D’s, Kaizen, etc.
- Ability and willingness to support multiple shifts and adjust work schedule to plant needs.