Search for More JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Parker Hannifin Gothenburg, NE
Tenneco Seward, NE
Union Pacific Fairbury, NE
Locate this job
Location: Seward, NE
Application Deadline: None
Type: Full time
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Salary Range: Not specified
Number of Jobs: 1
Relocation Available: No
- Establish weld setup procedures and parameters relating to specifications and restrictions, material processes, pre and post heating requirements involving the use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex heating requirements to guide production and welding personnel. This will involve resistance spot welding, resistance seam welding, Mig welding of 409, AL409, CRS and a variety of other ferrous alloys.
- Manage and maintain the weld power supplies for our robotic, manual, and automatic welders.
- Assistance with destructive and non-destructive testing and metallographic tests.
- Coordinate personnel in testing welds for conformance to national code and company requirements.
- Lead the plant efforts to determine root cause and eliminate Mig weld pin holes and porosity to reduce weld related downtime, scrap and rework. Troubleshoot and make changes to weld fixturing as required.
- Train and coordinate technical personnel in testing welding personnel for certification.
- Evaluate new developments in the welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production process.
- Conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing welding equipment, develop new welding equipment, develop new welding methods, techniques, and procedures, and modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing the result of research and development and preventative maintenance investigations.
- Contact engineering personnel, personnel of other agencies, or clients to exchange ideas and information or to offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- Perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials. Provide continuous improvement by utilizing six sigma methodologies.
- Manage the Caterpillar expectations for their 7-step weld requirements.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Sensitive to tight time-frames and deadlines
- Six Sigma/Blackbelt certification desired
- Experienced with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access desired
Apply on company website