Welding Engineer Job Listing at Tenneco in Smithville, TN (Job ID 174702)
: Develop welding techniques, welding procedures, and the application of welding equipment to the problems involving fabrication of metals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Establish welding procedures relating to specifications and restrictions, material processes, pre and post heating requirements involving the use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex heating requirements to guide production and welding personnel.
2. Direct and coordinate technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards.
3. Coordinate personnel in testing welds for conformance to national code requirements
4. Train and coordinate technical personnel in testing welding personnel for certification.
5. Evaluate new developments in the welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production process.
6. Conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing welding equipment, develop new welding equipment, develop new welding methods, techniques, and procedures, and modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures.
7. Prepare technical reports summarizing the result of research and development and preventative maintenance investigations.
8. Contact engineering personnel, personnel of other agencies, or clients to exchange ideas and information or to offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
9. Perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
10.Meet individual customer-specific needs by:
a) reviewing requirements for weld training, met lab and all other expectations;
b) once reviewed, analyze and prepare gap analysis to current state and create a plan to fill the gap;
c) recommend resources and estimate timing to fill the gap;
d) follow-up by assisting in training welders to the new standards.
11.Perform troubleshooting on all welding of steel.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from four year college or university that has an ABET accredited weld program and two to five years related experience or training.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Project Manager / Engineer
Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC - Enid, OK
Technician, Corrosion (Pinedale, WY)
Enterprise Products - Pinedale, WY
Technician, Corrosion (Albuquerque, NM)
Enterprise Products - Farmington, NM
Locate this job: