Electrical Engineer Job Listing at Tesoro in Anchorage, AK
Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage-Kenai
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we, through our subsidiaries, operate seven refineries, more than 900 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 5,200 employees.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
This position provides electrical engineering support to ensure reliable operations of refinery's electrical power distribution system. Performs condition monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis and project support. Identifies long-term improvement opportunities.
* Supports controls systems modernization projects and capital projects through involvement in control system specifications, hardware and software design, testing, commissioning, training, and documentation.
* Provides electrical engineering technical support to refinery departments. Troubleshoots and resolves electrical-related issues. Assists in design of high and low voltage electrical systems. Monitors electrical power distribution system. Maintains baseline appraisals of electrical capacity, identifying load flows, problem areas and areas of excess capacity. Monitors critical equipment analysis to identify reliability improvement opportunities.
* Provides support through all phases of capital and expense projects. Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed electrical engineering meets design specifications, codes and engineering standards. Assists team in Project Execution stage in completion of detailed design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment.
* Provides engineering support for investigations on adverse incidents involving electrical system disturbances and electrical equipment failures. Ensures refinery compliance with Process Safety Management and Management of Change (MOC).
* In conjunction with other engineers and Maintenance, assists in design and implementation of reliability-centered maintenance programs for critical electrical equipment. Advocates benefits of reliability practices and fosters integration into plant operations. Works with electricians and E&I technicians. Reviews procedure manuals for technical adequacy.
* Works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Accesses areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment. Responds to upset conditions during off-hours.
Education and Experience
Minimum undergraduate degree in electrical or instrumentation engineering. Minimum 3 years electrical/instrument engineering experience in refining industry.
Tesoro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Industrial Engineering Supervisor -Tahoe/Reno Area
UPS - RENO, NV
Plant Engineering Supervisor
UPS - CAROLINA, PR
Sr Specialist Equipment Design Engineer+
AT&T - IN
Locate this job: