Mechanical Engineer (Pressure Equipment) Job Listing at Tesoro in Anacortes, WA (Job ID tesoro-130132)
Title: Mechanical Engineer (Pressure Equipment)
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is an independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products. Tesoro, through its subsidiaries, operates six refineries in the western United States with a combined capacity of over 845,000 barrels per day. Tesoro's retail-marketing system includes over 2,200 retail stations under the Tesoro®, Shell®, ARCO® and USA Gasoline™ brands, of which 595 are company operated.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
This position provides pressure equipment engineering support for the refinery, which will include equipment design, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of pressure vessels and piping.
* Provides engineering technical support to Inspection. Reviews and maintains site's inspection procedures and Standing Instructions ensuring compliance with corporate engineering standards. Makes repair recommendations based on inspection history, current inspection findings, service condition changes, corrosion rate changes, remaining life. Reviews pressure equipment alerts to identify equipment and code-related issues.
* Reviews and maintains inspection procedures and Standing Instructions ensuring compliance with corporate refining standards. Audits inspections to ensure compliance with pressure equipment procedures/guidelines. Assists with risk ranking and prioritization of inspection work.
* Conducts equipment fitness for service evaluations. Provides repair/replace recommendations to improve safety, integrity and reliability in coordination with corrosion engineering.
* Supports mechanical integrity program. Conducts risk-based inspection (RBI) revalidations. Performs Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and other assessments on complex and/or repetitive problems. Performs pipe stress analysis. Creates action plans for improving reliability for "bad actors".
* Mentors Pressure Equipment Inspectors. Provides input into inspector training program.
* Evaluates equipment design to ensure compliance with corporate engineering and industry standards. Develops and/or reviews new equipment specifications.
* Provides engineering oversight on repairs and alterations. Develops scope and defines specifications. Assesses alternations to ensure compliance with applicable codes and jurisdictional regulation. Calculates renewal thicknesses. Evaluates new technologies and alternatives for equipment repairs.
* Supports projects and turnarounds with engineering expertise on work scope development, schedules, cost estimates, specifications, bid packages.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering required.
* Minimum 5 years maintenance engineering experience on pressure equipment and piping systems in refining, petrochemical or design/fabrication engineering experience related industry required.
* 10 years maintenance engineering experience on pressure equipment and piping systems in refining, petrochemical or related industry preferred.
Tesoro is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMechanical Engineer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Washington Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Sales Representative (Math & Science) - Spokane Job
Pearson - Spokane, WA
Logic Verification Engineer
Intel Corporation - WA
Project Manager, Technical
Intel Corporation - WA
Locate this job: