Project Controls Manager Job Listing at Tesoro in San Antonio, TX
Title: Project Controls Manager
Location: United States-Texas-San Antonio
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we, through our subsidiaries, operate seven refineries, more than 1200 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 6,000 employees.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
The Project Controls Manager leads development and deployment of project control processes, methodologies, systems and tools to improve management and execution of projects and turnarounds throughout refining system. Provides project controls expertise and support for refining system. Increases awareness and acceptance of project controls benefits and utilization. This position will be based at our San Antonio, Texas, corporate headquarters.
* Leads development and deployment of standardized project control processes, methodologies, systems and tools to improve project/turnaround execution in areas such as, but not limited to: estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, progress measurement and reporting. Leads reviews, and audits, to assess effectiveness of project controls. Report findings to senior management and refinery leadership. Identifies improvements and institutes enhancements incorporating industry best practices.
* Provides project controls expertise to refineries. Interfaces routinely with refineries' leadership and project teams to promote effective utilization of project control function and resolve challenges. As needed provides on-site project controls support during Front End Loading (FEL) and execution phases. Trains and mentors refineries' staffs to ensure consistent application of project controls.
* Produces safety, cost, schedule performance metrics and performance variance analysis on major capital projects and turnarounds. Publishes summary reports including commentaries for refining leadership.
* Maintains and issues consolidated master capital project and turnaround schedules on rolling 5-year basis.
* Interfaces with Information Technology and corporate finance/accounting to ensure proper capture of cost data from enterprise accounting system and integration into project control reports.
Education and Experience
* Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business.
* Minimum 7 year broad project controls and/or project management experience working with capital projects and/or turnarounds in refining industry in increasingly responsible roles.
* Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering
* Prior Project Control leadership experience on projects and/or turnarounds with a total cost greater than $100MM. Owner experience preferred but EPC contractor experience will be considered.
* (15 ) years broad project controls experience working with capital projects and turnarounds in refining industry in increasingly responsible roles.
* Requires travel and physical ability to access various types of refinery equipment to facilitate analysis and reviews.
* Proficient in or working knowledge of Primavera and Microsoft Project scheduling software.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
* A working knowledge of SAP, proficiency in database software is preferred.
* Ability to effectively present reports to Executive Management.
Estimated at 25% - 50%
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
Tesoro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Antonio, TX
View similar jobs:
Project Manager - Litigation Services
Chase - TX, Texas
Veterinary Practice Manager
VetMgrCentral - San Antonio, TX
Regional Operations Manager
Aspen Dental - San Antonio, TX
Locate this job: