Project Controls Specialist - Logistics Job Listing at Tesoro in San Antonio, TX
Title: Project Controls Specialist - Logistics
Location: United States-Texas-San Antonio-San Antonio
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we, through our subsidiaries, operate seven refineries, more than 1,200 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 6,000 employees.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
The Project Controls Specialist leads the development and deployment of project control processes, methodologies, systems and tools to improve management and execution of projects throughout Tesoro Logistics' Pipeline and Terminal system. Works closely with individual project managers to develop and maintain project schedules, forecast capital and expense project costs and manage the project accrual process.
* Develops and deploys standardized project control processes, systems and tools to improve project execution and forecast accuracy and automates monthly forecasting process.
* Develops and maintains an integrated master schedule for all projects (expense & capital).
* Prepares monthly cost forecast for Non-Recurring Expense and Capital projects. Collaborates with project managers to understand progress and spend curves. Collaborates with procurement to obtain monthly statement of accounts from vendors to feed forecast and accrual process.
* Manages capital forecast input into the Tesoro Capital Management System. Manages expense forecast input into the SAP business planning module.
* Interfaces with Information Technology and corporate finance/accounting to ensure proper capture of cost data from enterprise accounting system and integration into project controls reports.
Education & Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant technical discipline preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years broad project controls experience working with capital projects in related industry in increasingly responsible roles required. Experience planning and scheduling in Primavera or similar system required.
* Experience with capital projects in pipeline or terminal related industry preferred.
* Experience with pipeline and terminal project estimation preferred.
* Knowledge of relational databases, business planning modules and SAP preferred.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Antonio, TX
View similar jobs:
Project Manager - Litigation Services
Chase - TX, Texas
Veterinary Practice Manager
VetMgrCentral - San Antonio, TX
Regional Operations Manager
Aspen Dental - San Antonio, TX
Locate this job: