Senior Process Engineer Job Listing at Tesoro in San Francisco, CA (Job ID tesoro-130062)
Title: Senior Process Engineer
Location: California-San Francisco-Martinez
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is an independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products. Tesoro, through its subsidiaries, operates six refineries in the western United States with a combined capacity of over 845,000 barrels per day. Tesoro's retail-marketing system includes over 2,200 retail stations under the Tesoro®, Shell®, ARCO® and USA Gasoline™ brands, of which 595 are company operated.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
This position under general direction of Process Engineering Superintendent, applies process engineering principles and expertise during project development and in support of other refinery departments as needed. Produces process designs for projects on Capital Plan to improve safety, operation, maintenance, and profitability of refinery within department standards and environmental regulations.
* During Appraise Phase, takes lead in working with affected groups to develop basis of design and business case for proposed projects. Works with Project Engineers to secure rough estimates for projects necessary to prepare the Capital plan.
* During Select Phase, provides engineering alternatives for evaluation. Develops rough equipment specs to obtain budget estimates from vendors. Coordinates evaluation of project alternatives with other stakeholders for cost, business benefits (including return on investment), environmental and health and safety impacts. Prepares process flow diagram for recommended alternatives and issues process design reports for recommended alternatives.
* For relatively small projects (Define Phase), finalizes process design and specifications for new or revised strategy and process portion of equipment specifications. Participates in Process Hazard Analyses and takes lead role in addressing recommendations.
* Collaborates with Project Engineer to draft Authorization for Expenditure and supporting materials for capital projects, including detailed economic evaluations for accretive and defensive projects.
* During detailed design, procurement and construction phases of project, works with Project Engineers to answer process questions, assists in problem solving, and ensures process requirements are met.
* In Execute Phase, participates as needed in Management of Change (MOC) procedures. Provides equipment limits and process specifications needed by Production to write/revise operating procedures, operating manuals, and other training materials.
* Provides technical advice and expertise to refinery as appropriate. Serves on incident investigation team as assigned.
* Works with Environmental to identify permitting requirements and provide requisite project information in support of permit applications.
Education and Experience
* Minimum Bachelor's in Chemical Engineering.
* Minimum 3 years process engineering experience at an oil refinery, chemical plant, or similar work environment.
* 8 years process engineering experience in refining, petro-chemcial or related industry preferred.
* Familiarity with flow sheet simulation strongly desired (Pro II or HYSYS preferred)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must have physical ability to perform all essential job duties and work extended hours, including nights and weekends in process operations environment. Work may be conducted during periods of inclement weather.
* Must have physical ability to access all areas of the refinery including use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical equipment.
* Must be available to respond to upset conditions during off-hours
**This position is part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications**.
Tesoro is an Equal Opportunity EmployerProcess Engineer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Senior Software Engineer, Avocent
Emerson Electric Company - Sunrise, AL
Senior Consulting Engineer - DCIM
Emerson Electric Company - San Francisco, CA
Security Engineer Sr
Openreq.com - San Ramon, CA
Locate this job: