Sr. Project Engineer - Salt Lake City Job Listing at Tesoro in Salt Lake City, UT
Title: Sr. Project Engineer - Salt Lake City
Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company with approximately 6,000 employees. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we operate seven refineries and more than 900 branded retail stations.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
The Sr. Project Engineer manages all aspects of assigned projects including project scope, estimate, schedule, engineering design, equipment and material selection, project bidding, contractor selection, construction oversight, management of change, safety and environmental oversight and all other project tasks to successfully accomplish project goals of liquid pipeline and terminal capital and expense projects in a safe, profitable, timely and efficient manner. Supports multiple capital and expense projects simultaneously within a managed budget and execution schedule.
* Collaborates with affected departments during gated Front-End Loading (Apprise, Select and Define stages where projects are initiated, concepts selected and front-end definitions developed) to vet resource estimates, schedules, business benefits, environmental/health/safety impacts. Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed engineering meets corporate engineering standards. Develops project feasibility and economic analysis to determine viability. Prepares decision support packages for review and approval by management.
* Monitors and controls project performance during Project Execution stage to ensure project meets agreed quality, cost and time parameters in safe and environmentally sound manner. May have contractor oversight.
* Collaborates with Project Controls on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, schedule management etc) so that project resources are optimized. Conducts productivity analysis to identify and resolve critical variances so that project can achieve established objectives.
* Coordinates with Procurement in development of contracting plan, including engineering and execution resources
* Identifies risk factors and ranks as of level of threat posed to project's success during technical and location-oriented risk assessment. Develops and implements risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
* Maintains accurate and current project documentation. Develops start-up manuals, operating and emergency response procedures, training materials, etc.
Education and Experience
* Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering required.
* A minimum of 10 years experience in the Petrochemical industry is required.
* Minimum 10 years experience in Terminal, Pipeline project and Project Management with a major oil and gas is preferred.
* Previous experience in DOT liquid pipeline and terminal design and piping fabrication, pipeline and terminal operations, basic pipeline hydraulics, and tank devices is preferred.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Salt Lake City, UT
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Ogden, UT
Senior Project Engineer
Tesoro - Salt Lake City, UT
EG10 - Engineering Manager
Kelly Services - South Jordan, UT
Locate this job: