Superintendent Project Engineering Job Listing at Tesoro in Los Angeles, CA
Title: Superintendent Project Engineering
Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we, through our subsidiaries, operate seven refineries, more than 900 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 5,200 employees.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
This position supervises project engineers, project managers, construction supervisors and designers during Appraise, Select, Define, Execute and Start-Up phases of refinery capital projects to improve safety, operation, and profitability. Provides project management leadership to ensure engineering projects are executed efficiently and effectively, in technically sound manner and in accordance approved design.
* Leads development of project designs in compliance with proprietary gated Front-End Loading (FEL) project management system. Supports process engineering by providing mechanical design, operability, maintainability, and constructability input to conceptual design. Coordinates identification of project alternatives with other refinery functions and ranks alternatives based on business benefits, return on investment, environmental and health and safety impacts.
* Supports development and implementation of Technical Services' policies and work practices. Serves as refinery's engineering standards steward ensuring compliance of site's project engineering work practices with corporate technical standards.
* Provides mechanical, technical and project management leadership. Manages field execution of approved projects to ensure project execution complies with plan and meets agreed quality, cost and time parameters in safe and environmentally sound manner. Liaises with third-party engineering to ensure conformance to contract. Reviews cost estimates and economic justifications on Authorizations for Expenditures (AFEs). Manages project risk assessment through development and implementation of risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
* Manages staff. Ensures personnel are assigned roles and trained to successfully fulfill job duties. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective actions when appropriate. Applies human resources policies fairly and uniformly.
* Coordinates annual refinery capital plan development and monthly spending forecast submittal.
Education and Experience
Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering discipline.
Minimum 15 years project engineering experience in progressively responsible positions in refining industry.
Tesoro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Los Angeles, CA
View similar jobs:
Vali-Tech Services, Inc. - Los Angeles, CA
Field Service Engineer IV
ITT Systems - Van Nuys, CA
Senior Test Engineer
Entegee Engineering Technical Group - Valencia, CA
Locate this job: