Job Title: Dir Finance Job ID: 128295 Location: Medical Center, Houston, TX Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular
Shift: 8AM - 5PM
Salary Grade: 19
Texas Childrens Health Plan was founded in 1996 by Texas Childrens Hospital. Since 1996, families in Houston and surrounding areas have counted on Texas Childrens Health Plan for affordable and dependable health coverage.
Texas Childrens Health Plan is the nations first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. It offers a primary-care network, specialists and a large hospital network. Texas Childrens Health Plan also offers great services to pregnant women and adults.
At Texas Childrens Health Plan, our staff and network of doctors, hospitals and providers are committed to providing excellent service and quality care to adults and children of all ages.
No third party considerations will be accepted at this time. Vendors please do not call HR directly to solicit.
To provide leadership and direction to Texas Childrens Health Plan and the Finance Department. The candidate will provide leadership in a way that the Health Plans financial and statistical performance can be accurately and continuously measured. To ensure all transactions are properly recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). To ensure that reporting is in compliance with the appropriate regulatory standards, which includes the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Health and Human Services Uniformed Managed Care Contract. Terms and Conditions and the Uniform Managed Care Manual are the Statutory basis of accounting practices prescribed or permitted by the Texas Department of Insurance Accounting. To ensure that accurate and timely financial information is appropriately distributed. To monitor compliance with external regulatory reporting requirements, as well as internal policies and procedures.
1. Provide leadership and oversight to the Finance Department in order to ensure accurate and timely information is produced and high customer satisfaction is achieved. Identify and analyze the design of jobs and work processes for the department, and implement appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity and efficiency that support the goals of the Health Plan and Texas Childrens
2. Oversee and direct the Finance department to assure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements. Oversee the annual financial audit process
3. Oversee and direct the Physician Incentive Payments and Employee Incentive Payment Programs. To insure processes are in place to maximize internal controls, accuracy, timeliness and customer satisfaction. Develop policies and procedures which reflect best practices
4. Oversee and direct the effectiveness of the Controls for the Annual Financial Reporting Model Regulation (AFRMR) and coordinate with the Texas Childrens Internal Controls department, ensuring that policies, procedures and controls are in place for the Health Plan that support accurate financial statements
5. Oversee and direct the Government Reporting functions in order to ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations, and contractual requirements and to provide governmental information as requested
6. In conjunction with information systems professionals and leaders in other Finance departments, direct the continued development of financial transaction systems and reporting tools
7. Oversee and direct the Finance Department to work with the Fixed Asset Accounting department, ensuring that proper internal controls and systems are in place to safeguard the assets of the Health Plan
8. Oversee the Annual Budgeting process for the Health Plan and prepare projections for new lines of business
9. Provide excellent customer satisfaction, develop strong relationships with all levels of management and staff, identify and resolve problems quickly and appropriately, and ensure communication is maximized
10. Plan, lead and direct other types of financial analysis as directed by the CFO of the Health Plan
Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), operational accounting procedures and a thorough understanding of non-profit accounting. Knowledge of FAR, Statutory accounting and the UMCM is preferred
Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is the ability to use computerized accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheets, ten-key by touch, communicate effectively verbally and in writing with subordinates, executive level management, IDS board members and professionals outside of the IDS. Also requires strategic influence skills, analytical thinking, tactical planning skills, and attention to detail, time management skills and conflict resolution skills
FORMAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The formal education and experience required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is:
¿ Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
¿ Ten (10) years experience in an accounting environment
¿ Five (5) years in a leadership role.
The following is preferred:
¿ CPA certification
¿ Experience in a healthcare organization.