Communications Specialist Job Listing at The Coca-Cola Company in Atlanta, GA
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Leisure
JOB ID 24564
LOCATION(S) United States
CITY/CITIES GA - Atlanta
SPECIFIC LOCATION US-GA-ATLANTA-AOC-OFFICE
Are you a LinkedIn Member? Use your profile to help you apply.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
This role is responsible for managing global communications supporting our products, ingredients and community-focused initiatives as part of the Corporate External Affairs team. By collaborating cross-functionally, the individual will create messaging, strengthen communication strategies and execute plans. Candidates should have strong communication and media experience in both traditional and digital communications and have a firm understanding of the current global health landscape.
Function Specific Activities:
* Create appropriate communications materials (e.g., speeches, brochures, reports, news releases, web sites and other on-line information, video and photography) for all audiences.
* Respond to inquiries from or initiate contact with external audiences via personal contact, phone, email, letters in order to manage relationships, clarify Company positions and build goodwill.
* Prepare Q&A, talking points or position statements to ensure the use of Company-approved language in communicating with all audiences in order to maintain consistency and accuracy of communications.
* Research and develop story ideas to pitch to the media in order to get positive media coverage.
* Coordinate with communications teams, bottlers and other functions to ensure consistency of communications and public affairs strategies to all key audiences.
* Develop and implement communications strategies to support Company''s business objectives with key audiences (e.g., consumers, customers, investors, bottlers, media, government, community leaders, employees and other constituents).
* Organize and coordinate project logistics and resources on a regular basis to meet deadlines and maintain quality.
* Obtain necessary approval from third parties for their inclusion in Company''s communications in order to meet all legal requirements.
* Identify and implement effective processes and procedures within one''s area of accountability.
* Communicate status of work to appropriate parties in order to keep them informed and involved.
Educational Requirements: University/Bachelors Degree
Required Work Experience: At least 5 years
Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others'' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
Communications Knowledge: Knowledge of procedures and information for public relations/communications strategy development, planning and execution.
Negotiation: Exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties'' support and acceptance; striving for outcomes that are a win-win for all parties involved.
Editing and Proofing: Ability to prepare materials for the media and other audiences by selecting, revising and correcting copy elements.
Event Production: The ability to create written and visual communication, collateral materials and staging to support high-impact visits, meetings or events.
Graphic Design: Knowledge of key elements of page layout and design. Includes ability to work with suppliers to produce appealing, high-impact communication materials.
Specialized Software: Knowledge of various software and its application to communications strategy and operations. This includes media contact management systems, online news databases (Factiva). Ability to use various software packages to access, input and manage information and maintain communications resources.
Specialized Writing Skills: Knowledge of format and requirements of specialized writing styles (e.g., speeches, news releases, web content, position papers, social media and consumer response letters). Ability to write effectively within required style
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants
and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education
a criminal history check
and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in Atlanta, GA
View similar jobs:
Regional Vice President Digital Advertising
TMP Worldwide - Atlanta, GA
Product Support Specialist
TMP Worldwide - Atlanta, GA
Product Support Analyst
TMP Worldwide - Atlanta, GA
Locate this job: