Global Procurement Manager – Marketing Promotions and Activations Job Listing at The Coca-Cola Company in United States of America
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Leisure
Global Procurement Manager – Marketing Promotions and Activations
JOB ID 24510
LOCATION(S) Global - Flexible Location;
CITY/CITIES Global - Flexible Location;
GA - Atlanta
SPECIFIC LOCATION US-GA-ATLANTA-AOC-OFFICE
Are you a LinkedIn Member? Use your profile to help you apply.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
Lead the development and execution of procurement strategies for the marketing promotions spend of The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) globally, which includes agencies for experiential events and sampling, in-store sampling, and promotions. Work with key cross-functional TCCC stakeholders to determine business requirements; develop and implement strategies for the engagement of agencies and vendors consistent with global agency management approach; manage and coordinate implementation across business units and work with local marketing and procurement teams to apply and deploy.
This position is responsible for:
* Developing holistic business approach to the engagement of third parties for agencies and vendors with specialist capabilities in marketing promotions and activation categories; understanding and applying TCCC agency management framework and tools and working with local marketing teams to apply these strategies across our markets to improve the quality, consistency, effectiveness, cost, and value to the business of our promotions activities.
* Supporting marketing business strategies and objectives through effective procurement of promotions spend.
* Negotiating and managing promotions contracts, prices, volume, terms and conditions with and on behalf of TCCC P&L owners.
* Accountable to develop and manage supplier relationship management programs with promotions agency suppliers.
* Coordinating across global network to work with marketing procurement associates across all BUs for consistent application and deployment of agency management approach.
The location for this position is flexible and can be based globally. If filled externally, will need to be based in Atlanta, GA.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build sustainable global and regional supplier relationships that generate value for both the Coca-Cola system and the supplier/agency over time.
• Develop and maintain relationships with senior management of strategically important global and regional suppliers in order to support and enhance the supply strategies of the KO system.
• Create substantially different and innovative business models and promotions agency engagement approach to coordinate stakeholders and spend across our diverse business requirements.
• Influence senior management of bottling partners and business units to align their goals and objectives with the goals and objectives of the Global Procurement Network to take full advantage of Network initiatives.
• Influence global suppliers to address leverage and scale opportunities to enable value-based procurement of marketing services across selected areas and business requirements.
• Develop strategies, goals, or plans for work that focus on and enable the Company to better serve or work with customers, bottlers, or suppliers.
• Influence and motivate key stakeholders (e.g., Bottlers, Groups, Divisions, Suppliers) to implement the global/regional product strategies by clearly demonstrating the value and linkage to their business plan goals and objectives.
• Develop a negotiation strategy that delivers against KO business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
• Formulate plans, tactics and strategies for each spend sub-category to achieve competitive advantage.
• Build alignment with internal stakeholder groups of the sourcing strategy and procurement process for products/services in order to identify business needs and to ensure compliance with operational standards.
• Assess current strategy to determine its effectiveness relative to desired business objectives.
• Make strategic decisions and renegotiate, renew and discontinue supplier contracts as appropriate to support business objectives.
• Lead a global initiative comprised of multiple internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Groups, Business Units, Functions, Bottlers) in the development of effective procurement strategies that employ multiple tactics (e.g., up-streaming, unbundling) in order to leverage system spend and maximize value for the Coca-Cola system.
• Lead the development, rationalization and evaluation of supplier base in conjunction with system stakeholders to ensure system access to optimal agency support at the best value for the business.
• Provide promotions agency and service expertise to the Coca-Cola system that builds better relationships, improves collaboration and increases network participation in order to leverage system spend and decrease total costs.
• Formulate thought leadership and enhance core competencies within the Company and/or among bottlers to address specific procurement issues.
• Identify internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Groups, Business Units, Service Providers, Bottlers) to optimize connectivity in the procurement process.
• Build an understanding, on the part of Operating Unit Executives, of the value of satisfying stakeholder needs and expectations through collaborative working relationships.
• Assess current and future business environment to determine if changes in objectives are required.
• Recommend business strategy changes to key decision-makers to ensure business meets its desired objectives.
Education: Bachelor''s Degree. Masters Degree / MBA preferred
Related Work Experience: 11-13+ years
• Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
• Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
• Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others'' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
• Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
• Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
• Sets a Winning Example: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
• Marketing Promotions Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of and capability in working with Below the Line and promotions agencies and services. Knowledge and application of marketing procurement skills to deliver value for the business. Includes the ability to use financial models, industry knowledge, and the client''s business requirements to develop and implement optimized business solutions.
• Agency Management: Knowledge of TCCC and best practice agency management strategies and approach to support the objectives of Global Marketing and Commercial Leadership and the local Business Units in selecting, engaging, evaluating and managing promotions agencies.
• Strategic Sourcing Strategy: Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies for marketing services to ensure that formal supplier agreements activate high-quality services at optimal business value. Includes the ability to create selection criteria to qualify suppliers, supplier evaluations, and performance management.
• Company, System, and Brand Knowledge: Knowledge of TCCS business, values, and brands to enable global and regional collaboration and to create strategies and solutions that support our brands and our business priorities.
• Best Practices: Knowledge of marketing, procurement, industry and business best practices to guide thought leadership and ensure effective procurement strategies. Includes the ability to recognize value creation opportunities within and across Business Units.
• Negotiation: Exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties'' support and acceptance; striving for outcomes that are a win-win for all parties involved.
• Contracting: Knowledge of principles involved in contract law to ensure supplier agreements are appropriately conceived and executed, eliminating potential risk of unlawful or anti-competitive activity. Includes the ability to read, understand and assess the impact of legal documents.
• Project Management: Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities. Also includes the ability to develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risks and develop contingency plans.
• Advancing the Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer. Includes the ability to actively listen and engage in conversation with customers to uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
• Network/Resources: Ability to develop diverse network/resources to leverage "best in class" knowledge, approaches and processes.
• Cross-Functional Relationships: Knowledge of and ability to develop collaborative business relationships across various functions, business units, and stakeholders, at all levels of the organization.
• Bottler/Business Unit Plans & Strategies: Knowledge of information used and ability to evaluate bottler/business unit''s business plans and strategies to develop procurement strategies that enable delivery of those goals and objectives.
• Company Standards & Specifications: Knowledge of Company standards, policies, and business requirements relative to marketing materials and services, and the ability to effectively communicate standards and specifications to ensure agencies and vendors adhere to Company policies, procedures, and business standards.
• Economic Factors and Impacts: Knowledge of global economic environments, regional and country specific government regulations, applicable laws, exchange rates, and their impact on procurement strategies.
• Business Partner Knowledge: Knowledge of business partners such as customers, bottlers, agencies, and vendors in their context: industry trends and competitive pressures, strategies and plans, organizational structure, decision-making process, contacts, technology infrastructure and systems.
• Financial Analysis: Ability to perform financial analyses to assist in exploring strategic options, developing creative solutions to complex business issues, and/or supporting decision-making. This includes the ability to perform unique analyses and analyses that require the application of single or multiple financial and non-financial concepts and tools (e.g., NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, contribution, economic analyses, loss projection, exposure analysis, risk assessment, implications to strategic position).
• Procurement Policies and Procedures: Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures to guide operational planning consistent with procurement strategies in order to maximize value received by the Coca-Cola System.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants
and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education
a criminal history check
and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Purchasing/Procurement jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Sourcing Manager - IT Risk & Global Data Center - Vice President
J.P. Morgan Chase - NY, New York
J.P. Morgan Chase - OH, Ohio
Reporting Manager - Contingent Worker Operational Center
J.P. Morgan Chase - NJ, New Jersey
Locate this job: