Senior Brand Mgr Coca-Cola Job Listing at The Coca-Cola Company in Nairobi (Job ID coke-61471)
Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Leisure
Senior Brand Mgr Coca-Cola
JOB ID 24543
SPECIFIC LOCATION KE-NAIROBI OFFICE-KILIMANJARO
Are you a LinkedIn Member? Use your profile to help you apply.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
The position closes on Wednesday, 23 January 2013
* Lead the development & execution of Cola Portfolio marketing strategies & tactical plans for the brand to maximise long-term volume & profit flow and increase the long-term value of the brand.
* Responsible for Brand P&L, accountable for delivering UC, GP, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing the set up and day-to-day execution of brand plans, recommending and implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to optimize effectiveness and ensure achievement of targets.
* Nurture an effective working relationship with Franchise/Business Unit/SBU supporting service units and the Bottler(s) and lead proper field execution of marketing strategies.
* Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Brand Team (where applicable).
* Strategic Thinking/Planning (25%)- Develop a 3-year portfolio strategy for the brand Ensure maintenance of brand equity in all initiatives; Develop and communicate the Annual Brand Plan in line with the ABP Process; Communicate and drive Strategy across the business unit; Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of consumer & customer trends and their impact on brand strategy and plans; Manage brand as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return; Use financial insight to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the business unit; Align strategy (with all key stakeholders, including bottlers) across the business unit to ensure value for the system; Guardian of the integrity of the brand/trademark; develop and maintain competitor intelligence; .
* Deliver results (40%)– Develop and manage brand team (where applicable) to support strategic direction; Establish and drive brand volume, share, and profit objectives; Anticipate situations and develop approaches that maximise the business opportunities; Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall brand plan, including business unit and SBU Specialist Support teams; Define marketing DME requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements; Ensure all brand strategies and plans are consistent with BU deliverables and business objectives; Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all brand initiatives across the Franchise; Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across business unit/; Provide support to countries/territories/clusters (where applicable) in planning & implementation; apply all agreed KO Marketing Process and Procedures; tactical plans are developed and monitored for delivery against strategy; marketing plans implemented, monitored and evaluated in line with Brand Plan; Tracks and analyses brand performance and initiatives.
* Stakeholder Alignment (20%)-Support Franchise Brand teams to build Bottler commitment to the annual marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives; Develop with the Franchise Marketing teams , an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities against brand palns; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).Lead and manage collaborative agency teams in the production and development of Integrated Marketing Campaigns. Provide guidance and leadership to all key agency partners and manage the coordination with Franchise Marketing teams.
* Talent development (15%)where applicable – Conduct audit on marketing personnel against agreed role descriptions and competencies; Build skills within the brand team in all areas of the Marketing Mix driven off an RGM planning mindset & integrated BPPC execution.
* Accountable for Brand P&L
* Brand totals for: Unit cases, Gross Profit, DME, Brand Contribution
* Brand health measures
Extensive Medium to High Level Strategic/Operational Interaction with:BU Marketing Director, , Business unit Strategic Marketing Manager, Business unit and SBU Specialist teams, Franchise Marketing teams (where applicable), Bottler senior managers, supplier/agency mgmt. & account management, Channel marketing
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align brand marketing and business strategies and plans to deliver sustainable system profit growth.
E.g. Responsible in the design of processes and activities, objective setting and follow up, performance evaluations, coaching & feedback, developmental plans, hiring, terminations.
Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names):Brand team (where applicable – e.g. Assistant Brand Mgrs & Brand/Marketing Assistants)
Supporting Service:Marketing Operations Teams
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications
* Develop Brand Plan
* Maintain Brand Essentials
* Develop and Implement Promotional Activities
* Activate Brand Mix
* Manage Brand Communication Strategy
* Secure Bottler Integration
* Manage Commercialisation Process
* Manage Research Process
Generic Competencies: Refer to Competency Directory and Provide between 3 – 7 of the highest priority competencies
* Building Value Based Relationships
* Building Sustainable Organisational Capabilities
* Leveraging And Respecting Others
* Problem Analysis / Problem Solving
* Strategic Decision Making
* Work In Teams
* Manage Project Management Process
* Translate Information And Data
* Manage Budgets
* Determine Financial Impact
8 years brand marketing experience in a FMCG environment. Experience of managing people will be beneficial.
Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
Business issues (full spectrum) – brand level across markets in geography
People issues (full spectrum)
Judgement and Decision Making
See key duties/responsibilities
As per geography
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Kenya
View similar jobs:
Regional Head, Financial Markets Operations, Africa
Standard Chartered - Kenya
Product Marketing Manager Social and Consumer, Kenya
Google - Nairobi
Relationship Manager - Small Busineess- SME
Standard Chartered - Kenya
Locate this job: