I/S Quality Assurance Manager Job Listing at The Container Store in COPPELL, TX
I/S Quality Assurance Manager
Job Code: DFW_QAMgr225
Division: Home Office
Location: COPPELL, TX US
Job Type: Full Time
The Quality Assurance Manager at The Container Store must have a proven track record in automated testing. This position leads the Quality Assurance team responsible for testing the in-store point of sale, custom closet design and eCommerce systems. These constitute our ‘Selling Systems’ and cover a broad range of technologies, including web, GUI and mobile applications.
The QA Manager joins a strong QA team of outstanding subject matter experts and works within a systems architecture positioned for the new world of cross channel retailing. We are leveraging agile development methodologies to build features that directly contribute to the success of our brand. In order to ensure sustainable and rapid improvement, we need to automate much more of our testing, so we can focus on new features while knowing that existing capabilities remain intact. We have a variety of tools in place and want to take automation to a greater level. The ideal candidate must have the insight and guidance of someone who has done this kind of automation many times before.
Position Reports To
I/S Development Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provide leadership and vision for the QA team involved in the delivery of feature and maintenance releases for the web and store systems development teams
Mentor and guide team members on how to effectively automate testing
Prioritize, plan and monitor the progress of QA efforts to deliver specific software functionality and features in accordance with the product roadmap
Lead, manage and provide direction for both in-house and on-demand resources (uTest crowd-source)
Work with team to evaluate software requirements to create comprehensive test plans, agile estimates, staffing levels (in-house and on-demand) and procedures for all major product releases
Oversee/ensure the quality of test plans, test cases, test matrix and bug reporting
Empower team members to provide detailed status of each active project, including overall feature/product quality measurement, outstanding defects, test progress, milestones achieved and upcoming milestones
Work with all of Development to improve initial release quality, quality of production releases and agile development practices
Drive software delivery best practices and process improvements throughout the department
Communicate and collaborate effectively and transparently within Development and with other departments to accomplish department and company goals
Consistently arrive promptly to work the assigned schedule
Responsible for maintaining discretion related to all confidential/sensitive company and customer information
Perform all other assigned duties
* Education: BS/MS in CS, EE, Math or related field and/or appropriate experience
* Proven capability to automate testing of both web and GUI interfaces
* Experience managing others as a QA professional within the software industry including career development, directing and evaluating work – attention to detail is critical
* Expertise in defining QA methodologies and test strategies in an agile development environment
* Exceptional abilities designing/implementing test strategies, test plans and test cases
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with specific experience working closely with development management to promote collaboration and communication between QA and Development employees during the development lifecycle
* Experience and demonstrable success with the full software development lifecycle
* Experience developing and testing entire systems, with capability to understand details of the technology.
* Successful track record as a leader in QA teams, building and managing teams of top-notch professionals
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment. EOE.
Click to view physical requirements.
Email this job to a friend!
Your email address:
Your friend's email address:
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-QA jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Sr Engineer Quality Assurance (Days)
Accellent Inc. - United States of America
SW QA Engineer
Invensys - United States of America
Sr Associate Quality Control
Kelly Services - Juncos, PR
Locate this job: