Platforms Support Engineer Job Listing at The Container Store in COPPELL, TX (Job ID containerstore-548)
Platforms Support Engineer
Job Code: DFW_Platforms225
Division: Home Office
Location: COPPELL, TX US
Job Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for deploying and supporting all hardware and software technology that supports store and office operations. This position successfully administers applications, networks, servers, desktops, VOIP and all other peripheral hardware required while continually pursuing enhancements to automate or improve current functions. This is a full-time, salaried non-exempt position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Build, configure, inventory, install and support all end-user equipment in the stores, home office and distribution center, including but not limited to PCs, laptops, Apple devices, servers, phones, software, printers, scanners, faxes and all other peripheral devices
* Provide advanced, tier 2 technical support to customers by troubleshooting, investigating and resolving network, hardware, software and business application issues
* Support Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Identity Management processes
* Install and test all hardware and software configurations
* Maintain and review error and log files to proactively identify potential problems and trends
* Assist in evaluation, testing and implementation of new products and services
* Effectively use our service desk application to document and resolve requests, incidents, problems and change orders within managed Service Level Agreements
* Proactively seek to accomplish projects and other business related initiatives by leveraging I/T resources
* Share knowledge and experience by contributing content to departmental wiki documentation, peer-to-peer shadowing, and group discussion, as well as other methods
* Manage up by keeping manager and project leads informed of ticket/project progress and/or any issues, as well as escalating incidents where appropriate
* Meet (formally and informally) with internal departments (customers) to understand needs and priorities and favorably represent I/T
* Educate and assist in the development of peers
* Proactively identify and pursue opportunities for I/T process and policy improvement
* Perform all other assigned duties
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or comparable experience.
* A+, Network+, MCITP, and/or Cisco certification(s) a plus.
* 4+ years of relevant helpdesk and/or desktop support experience with an emphasis on troubleshooting mid- to advanced-level hardware and software issues.
* Proficiency with Networks including 10/100/1000/10000 Ethernet, TCP-IP, Cisco routers and switches, IP telephony, wireless devices, and VPN.
* Proficiency with installing and supporting various operating systems including: MS-Windows XP Professional, Vista, Windows 7, MAC, MS-Windows 2003 Server, MS-Windows 2008 Server, Solaris 10, VMWare, CentOS
* Working knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, NetIQ Mailmarshal, Custom Applications, NetBackup, Sophos Antivirus, Cisco Call Manager, Microsoft Office, ODBC connectivity, and JCS Redwood software.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Travel, as needed, to store sites for IT equipment setup and/or support
* On-call duties required on an assigned rotation
* Must have cell phone service with text messaging capability
* Must maintain the utmost discretion related to all confidential and/or sensitive company, employee and customer information
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment. EOE.
Click to view physical requirements.
Email this job to a friend!
Your email address:
Your friend's email address:
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:General Labor jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
Nordstrom - Frisco, Texas
Part-Time Dockworker W/CDL
UPS - FORT WORTH, TX
Housekeeper, Part Time Hospitals Arlington
Kindred Hospital - Arlington, TX
Locate this job: