St. Louis General Manager Job Listing at The Container Store in BRENTWOOD, MO
St. Louis General Manager
Job Code: STLGM044
Division: General Manager
Location: BRENTWOOD, MO US
Job Type: Full Time
A General Manager oversees all areas of store operations and is responsible for the store’s success and achievement of all stated revenue and financial goals. The General Manager is responsible for driving sales and the business through developing the skill level, talent and leadership of the Store Managers who report directly to him/her. In partnership with the Store Manager team, the General Manager is ultimately responsible for the attraction, retention and development of the entire store staff.
The Store Managers work in partnership to drive sales and the business by developing the skill level, talent and impact of all employees who report directly to him/her. A Store Manager role is supported by the General Manager to increase effectiveness as a leader.
The management team works together to provide consistent leadership, a positive attitude and an unwavering commitment to attention to detail and “everything matters.” The management approach The Container Store values most includes coaching to improve performance through gracious communication, accountability in goal setting and visionary leadership.
All Managers receive extensive training and are expected to display a strong command of The Container Store’s business approach to: buying philosophies, marketing strategies, visual merchandising, selling approach, inventory control, service standards, recruiting, training, and our unique company culture.
· Possesses strategic leadership, time management and organization skills.
· Is a retail professional or vision-oriented leader who is passionate, strategic, motivated and focused in his/her approach to team development and business growth.
· Is dedicated to learning from others, constantly shares information and asks questions.
· Has a desire to lead by example with a grace of authority, embracing and adapting to change and maintaining respect, dignity and compassion.
· Identifies, recruits and contributes to the development of strong leaders that will benefit the growth of the company.
· Is able to quickly establish effective relationships with employees and customers to ultimately drive sales.
· Possesses strong selling skills, including anticipating the needs of customers and implementing the appropriate action or solution.
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment. EOE.
Click to viewphysical requirements.
Email this job to a friend!
Your email address:
Your friend's email address:
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Missouri Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Bed Bath & Beyond - Springfield/Joplin, MO
Bed Bath & Beyond - Branson, MO
Management Job Fair
Bed Bath & Beyond - Columbia, MO
Locate this job: