SLA Museum Experience Coordinator Job Listing at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA (Job ID 1302438)
Position Summary: This part-time internship during the academic year is in support of a joint program between The Franklin Institute and its partner magnet high school, Science Leadership Academy (SLA). In this program, called Wednesdays @ The Franklin, SLA students arrive at The Franklin Institute on Wednesday afternoons to take part in informal, 2-8 week long Mini-Courses, which focus on topics in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and make use of Museum resources.
- Chaperoning exhibit-visits
- Guiding students who get lost in the building
- Addressing technical difficulties in mini-courses
- Addressing setup issues
- Addressing student disruptions
- Walking the Museum to ensure that students aren't cutting class or disrupting visitor experiences
- Supervising break time
- Checking on classes frequently
- Guiding educators to their mini-course locations and answering questions
- Acting as a liaison to specific mini-course instructors
Education Requirements: Must be enrolled in, or have graduated from, a bachelors degree program. Education majors are encouraged to apply.
Special Skills Required:
-Must work well with high school students
-Must have strong inter-personal skills
-Must be comfortable disciplining students
-Must be able to juggle multiple tasks
Schedule Requirements: Must be available on Wednesdays 12:00pm-4:00pm. A small number of additional hours may be added, if possible, to fit the interns schedule. Applicants must be able to commit to a full semester, preferably the full academic year.
To apply for this position, please contact The Franklin Institute at email@example.com or 215-448-1163 to request an Internship Application.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Document Control Specialist II
Kelly Services - Fort Washington, PA
Accountable Healthcare Staffing - Sewell, NJ
Accountable Healthcare Staffing - Glen Mills, PA
Locate this job: