HR Manager Job Listing at The Gordon Group in Modesto, CA
Food & Beverage
Responsible for initiating actions and processes that drive human resources based projects, programs and initiatives throughout the sales organization. Also responsible for developing collaborative relationships within the Sales business function that supports employee and organizational development while ensuring that HR policies and procedures are continually executed. Partners with HR services areas (Talent Acquisition and Compensation) to fill open job requisitions and ensure fair and equitable pay throughout the organization.
• Partners with client leadership team members to assess the effectiveness of the organization’s leadership, communication, and organizational design and implementation.
• Provides expert knowledge of organizational structure and employee functions within the assigned client group to take proactive steps to enhance employee and department productivity.
• Provides expert knowledge in developing and implementing solutions designed to address the needs and issues of internal and external partners.
• Partners with HR leadership and Sales leadership to develop functional /commercial objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM’s) that drive business strategy.
• Participates in identifying and recruiting candidates for the college undergraduate and intern programs.
• Provides employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and employee exit interviewing.
• Conducts investigations relating to employee issues and claims; makes recommendations on next steps and appropriate discipline; collaborates with the Legal department and other appropriate cross-functional teams on harassment and discrimination claims; ensures response to EEOC, EDD, OFFCP and DFEH charges.
• Coaches supervisors and mid- level managers on how to manage employee relations employee performance issues.
• Conducts career coaching sessions; creates employee development plans and monitors the progress of the employee.
• Identifies high potential employees; maps out their career paths.
• Provides formal instruction on how to complete self-assessments; coaches managers on how to complete performance assessments.
• Provides recommendations for salaried compensation and performance increases.
• Manages all communications/announcements for client areas.
• Ensures understanding of corporate policies and state and federal regulations.
• Provides information to managers regarding the corporate Performance Incentive Program (PIP), the Rewards for Results (RFR) program, and the Annual Salary Planning process; collaborates with the Compensation department to drive the program and process.
• Collaborates with HR leadership to administer the Human Resources Planning/Functional Succession Planning (HRP) processes; ensures integration of HRP into performance management and staffing decisions for high potential employees and senior management.
• Manages distribution and reporting against a decentralized relocation budget; administers relocation process and makes cost savings recommendations to the business.
• Partners with the Supplier Developments department to monitor vehicle allowance program compliance.
• Identifies new opportunities where HR can add a benefit to the business.
• Educates and provides guidance to employees regarding Company values.
• Ensures adherence of affirmative action plans; supports corporate diversity initiatives.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of human resources generalist experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, corporate policies, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
• Experience speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel at an intermediate level.
• Experience working on special projects.
• Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in California Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Human Resources Fellowship
Adventist Health Northern California Network - St. Helena, CA
Recruiter into Outside Sales
Aerotek - Modesto, CA
Benefits Professional/Retirement Analyst Available!
OfficeTeam - Modesto, CA
Locate this job: