EHS MANAGER Job Listing at The Judge Group in United States of America
Job ID: 379686
Job Title: EHS MANAGER
Job Type: Contract
Company: JUDGE GROUP
Location: Foothill Ranch CA
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leading pharma client seeks anEmployee Health & Safety Managerfor a long term contract opportunity.
Travel: Approximately 5% as needed and as dictated by the needs of the business.
The Employee Health & Safety Manager is responsible for the planning and administration of activities directed at ensuring the health and safety of employees and compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate health, safety and environmental regulations/requirements.
Major Job Duties:
- Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
-Develop, implement and administer health, safety and environmental programs to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and corporate policies, to include, the Emergency Response & Loss Prevention, Fire Safety, Lock Out/Tag Out, Industrial Hygiene confined space, Powered Industrial Vehicle safety and electrical safety, etc
The EHS compliance areas of air, water, waste and chemical management need to meet local, region, national and company requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates all departments to assure that all safety related OSHA requirements are enforced by management and employees.
- Assist with laboratory based programs, such as Chemical Hygiene, Lab Safety Standard, Hazardous Materials storage and disposal, and Hazard Communications.
- Hosts government inspections, coordinates inspection reports and ensures the timely correction of outstanding items as a result of inspection.
- Performs periodic internal audit of company facilities and recommend required corrective action to ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements
- Oversee the compilation and submission of required reports to regulatory agencies according to schedule.
- Ensure that an inventory record of in-house chemicals and material safety data sheet files is maintained.
- Investigates all injuries to include near misses, illnesses, business interruptions and property losses.
- Compile and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies such as Workers’ Compensation carrier and OSHA as required, meeting compliance regulations.
- Participate, chair, and support the emergency evacuation team for all sites.
- The development of the Emergency Team and procedures in the area of evacuations, chemical spills, accidents, fire and natural disasters etc.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, FDA, cGMP, DOT and NFPA regulatory standards.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to meet deadlines, establishes priorities, and multitasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word Excel and Power Point).
- Experience working with ergonomics in a manufacturing setting.
- Supervision: Independently performs most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
- Receives technical guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Management: No responsibility for the direction of others, although may supervise and coordinate the work of the Emergency Team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other Engineering or Science Degree.
- 10 years of experience in EHS program management in a pharmaceutical/dietary supplement manufacturing environment producing regulated products.
- CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) and CSP (Certified Safety Professional) are desirable, but not required.
Deirdre Middleton-The Judge Group
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Senior Account Director
Razorfish - United States of America
Associate Category Manager
Michaels - United States of America
Senior Brand Manager Sprite
The Coca-Cola Company - United States of America
Locate this job: