SAFETY SPECIALIST Job Listing at The Judge Group in Atlanta, GA
Job ID: 378090
Job Title: SAFETY SPECIALIST
Job Type: Permanent
Company: JUDGE GROUP
Location: Atlanta GA
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a global leader in the industry and they are in need of a Safety Specialist.
The Safety Specialist will provide expertise in implementing and continuing Safety and Health policies and programs that help ensure the well-being of employees and contractors who work at this particular facility. This position reports to the Manager-Health, Safety, & Environmental.
- Being a part of the plant's Health & Safety team and implementing and continuing programs (safe work practices, contractor safety, safety auditing, exposure monitoring, etc...).
- Facilitate the site's ERT training & scheduling to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Coordinate the inspection and certification of the Site fire protection systems (contractor management, maintenance coordination, quarterly audits).
- Conduct and document safety incident investigations and follow-up via the electronic corrective action tracking system.
- Conduct program inspections and audits, summarize key findings, develop and present recommendations for approval.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for safety regulations.
- Continue to improve the Site emergency response program.
- Provide necessary safety training to site employees. Review, revise and update these programs on a regular basis.
- Shares responsibility for Process Safety Management, Process Hazard Reviews, Incident Investigations/Follow-Ups, and OSHA record keeping.
- Coordinating and continuing plans to ensure the safety of workers during any and all activities on company property.
- Perform auxiliary duties as assigned by the HSE Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in a safety-related field is required.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of safety experience is required in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Emergency Response, Crisis Management/HazMat experience is a plus.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or willingness to pursue certification is required
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA, NEC, NFPA, NIOSH and HAZWOPER.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills that favorably impact team and contractor performance.
- Self directed and self motivated team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient project manager
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Transportation jobs in Atlanta, GA
View similar jobs:
DISTRIBUTION SUPERVISOR II
UPS - ATLANTA, GA
PT Hub Supervisor
UPS - ATLANTA, GA
Part-time Package Data supervisor
UPS - GRIFFIN, GA
Locate this job: