SR. DIRECTOR - PRODUCT MANAGER Job Listing at The Judge Group in NJ
Job ID: 379534
Job Title: SR. DIRECTOR - PRODUCT MANAGER
Job Type: Permanent
Company: JUDGE GROUP
Location: New Jersey
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: 160,000-180,000 + 30% Bonus
Sr. Director Product Manager –Global Data Services
This position is created to define the data services which we need to offer to our customers, in the form of actionable insights.
The candidate needs to first understand our customer needs for product protection, on shelf availability and improved customer experience and the actionable insights which will help them to achieve their goals in these areas.
Then he/she needs to understand the variety of data which is already generated by our solutions such as EAS pedestals/deactivators, video systems, RFID pedestals/POS, in-store networks, etc. and then determine how to tie all of these together to achieve the actionable insights required by our customers.
In doing so, the candidate needs to determine the type of software/hardware/monitoring solution required to achieve these goals, as well as the supporting business model to generate profitable growth.
• Translation of client needs into products/solutions: Understand client needs from his point of view and make sure our portfolio of products/solutions address the real customer needs.
• Global Product Definition, Strategy and Plans, with input from regional product management/LOB: Consolidate inputs from the global product management, market watch and others to arrive at a global strategy for our tag products/solutions. Manage product launch, obsolescence and always maintain a balance & profitable portfolio.
• Market Watch and Analysis: Follow the market trends, competitors and make sure our offering is always proactive and superior to the competitors.
• Interface and communication with other groups: Continuous interface and communication with global R&D, global product management and regional customer management teams in order to guide/lead our product development activities.
• Business Development: Identify new business opportunities, support regions in commercial activities and proactively initiate contact with potential partners (internal and external) and establish sustainable relationships.
• Thought Leadership: Support our gurus in their thought leadership activity in the industry forums to promote us as the leading provider of security, merchandizing and identification solutions.
Minimum Requirements: Education & Experience
• A university degree in Business or Engineering, typically with an MA, MSc, MBA. A product management and/or marketing background and/or MBA are preferred.
• This candidate would typically have 7-10 years of marketing/product management or related experience.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in product/solutions planning. He/she will have demonstrated the ability to work alone or on a team actively engaging with the customer to devise products/solutions plans for producing superior value.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with business process modeling and transformation would be a plus. Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with retail industry would be a plus. While not a technologist, the candidate must be comfortable with and understand technology. In particular the candidate is expected to have a very good knowledge of software solutions and data services. Familiarity with video data services and analytics will be big plus.
• Commercial Awareness: Develops commercially viable, customer focused plans and engages with the regions to see through implementation.
• Professionalism & credibility: Maintains a professional appearance and show integrity and honesty at all times; Communicate with credibility in own sphere of competence.
• Creativity & innovation: Thinks creatively to propose new solutions to challenging and complex issues.
• Organization & planning: Monitors priorities and produce quality plans; Contribute to tactical planning.
• Adaptability & flexibility: Adapts easily to different working environments and cultures, building trust, confidence and respect with all internal and external contacts.
• Communication: Takes an active part in organizing and running workshops and focus groups; Helps others to arrive at solutions that meet their requirements; Communicate complex concepts clearly and simply.
• Product Management and Planning
• Business Development
• Marketing Strategy
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Product Management jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Director I IC, Product Analysis
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Boston, MA
SVP Enterprise Technology Business Development
Vantiv - United States of America
Assembly Line Food Packaging/Processing
Kelly Services - Clearfield, UT
Locate this job: