Job Details Job Listing at The SCOOTER Store in Salt Lake City, UT
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Salt Lake City, UT
About The SCOOTER Store
Founded in 1991, The SCOOTER Store is headquartered in New Braunfels, Texas and has locations and a network of service specialists across America. The SCOOTER Store has grown from a vision into a highly successful national enterprise with over 2,500 employee-owners. The SCOOTER Store was named one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2004 (#58) and 2010 (#38) by FORTUNE magazine and the Great Places to Work Institute®.
The SCOOTER Store maintains strict compliance with Medicare regulations and works through the Power Mobility Coalition to ensure the availability of additional consumer safeguards and industry standards such as ongoing customer service and product maintenance. The SCOOTER Store is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Inc. (ACHC).
Summary:Responsible for overseeing and managing all the day-to-day operations of the Distribution Center and ensuring its productivity to include deliveries, service, inventory and compliance with all Medicare, State and local rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Primarily responsible for customer and client service, to include management of delivery and service schedules, initial customer contact, walk-in customers, problem/complaint resolution, inquiries, referrals and ride-alongs.
* Verify appointments with customers and employees and ensure timely and successful completion of appointments.
* Order closeouts and verification of all delivery paperwork.
* Responsible for opening, closing and daily operations of warehouse facility.
* Use Inventory Management System Software to perform all inventory functions including receiving, shipping and maintaining accurate inventory.
* Oversee additional inventory functions including battery disposal, pallet removal, product returns, maintenance of par stock levels and general organization of inventory in warehouse using rack and bin locations.
* Responsible for vehicle maintenance and safety inspections.
* Monitor shipping and receiving activity (UPS / FedEx)
* Build and manage relationships with all vendors at the local level.
* Manage employees and their expectations, to include recruiting, training, performance evaluation and terminations.
* Responsible for employee training including software training, Hazmat, ACHC, HIPPA, delivery procedures, corporate policies and procedures, OSHA and defensive driving.
* Utilize the MBD process to include attending planning meetings to prepare the “planning pyramid”, morning huddles, weekly staff meetings and daily and weekly conference calls with the corporate office.
* Provide improvement ideas and suggestions to both DC and corporate staff in regard to products, inventory, paperwork, personnel, vendor relations and compliance issues.
* Develop and maintain personal development plan to ensure continuation of professional growth.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly manage employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these Distribution Centers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and termination, scheduling and assigning work, measuring performance, promoting and determining pay, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; and five to seven years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a Warehouse/Logistics environment.
* Read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, financial reports, and legal documents as necessary.
* Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
* Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, customers and the general public.
* Communicate technical concepts and thoughts to management.
* Apply moderately complex mathematical equations as applicable. (For example: calculating discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume, and applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License with proof of clean driving record
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Inventory Control knowledge required
* Customer Service skills required
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
* Time management skills
* Bachelors degree preferred
* General employment practices knowledge preferred
In return for your experience, The SCOOTER Store offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
The SCOOTER Store World Headquarters, Distribution Centers, and Stores are tobacco-free facilities.
The SCOOTER Store is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Salt Lake City, UT
View similar jobs:
Relationship Manager III - Business Banking - UT
Chase - UT, Utah
Personal Banker (safe) 1 40 Hours
Wells Fargo - PROVO, UT
Associate Dining Room Attendant
Montage Laguna Beach - Park City, UT
Locate this job: