Copy Editing Internship Job Listing at TheCelebrityCafe.com in United States of America (Job ID 1588142)
Do you fix everything you read? We have the internship for you!
TheCelebrityCafe.com offers a 12-week internship requiring a minimum of 15 hours a week, for college students with a passion for editing. The program teaches traditional copy editing functions for online publication of news stories, features, editorials, columns and interviews.
Interns will receive regular feedback on their work from editors, and will be followed throughout the program by our staff of professional journalists while doing weekly assignments and keeping a detailed timesheet.
This internship is a telecommuting position and can be done virtually anywhere there is an internet connection.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
- Edit content for accuracy, conciseness, nuance, and consistency, using correct style, grammar, spelling and logic on deadline.
- Checking copy for verification of factual information.
- Conferring with reporters and editors as necessary.
- Proofread marked page proofs and make indicated changes electronically.
- Edit real-time content with the ability to post stories on web site. Provide back reads on web stories when necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High attention to grammar, voice, and syntax.
- Ability to edit, proofread, critique your own work.
- Openness to explore and discuss subjective differences in writing styles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, creative environment with good cheer and flexibility.
- Willingness to both take charge and/or take direction.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this: