Apply on Company Website
Thank you for your interest in employment at Thunder Valley Casino Resort! Thunder Valley Casino Resort is the only AAA Four Diamond property in Placer County. We’re always looking for superstar achievers to join our ranks either full or part time.
Responsible for the overall technological strategy and support of business information systems. Will work with senior leaders to ensure resources and priorities are aligned to drive the success of the Company. Responsible for implementing short and long term system solutions with an emphasis on efficiency, budget, flexibility and stability.
- Responsible for providing the strategic direction for the infrastructure and information technology function on an enterprise level.
- Analyzes and predicts trends and develops long-range plan designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the enterprise’s IT infrastructure and systems.
- Participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure and information technology best practices as related to the needs of the business.
- Works with senior management to understand business drivers, market requirements and competitive issues that may impact departmental strategies.
- Assess and find appropriate solutions to problems and establish and meet implementation schedules and budgets.
- Prepare RFPs, analyze proposals, select services manage information technology providers
- Proactively researches and recommends courses of action to prevent system/security problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
- Establishes metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery.
- Ensure project deliverables and the operation of existing applications meet necessary standards (including security, SOX compliance, user acceptance, on promised time/budget/function delivery).
- Ultimately responsible for the IT service delivery management of databases, servers, networks, storage, e-mail, directory and other technology platforms shared across the enterprise.
- Oversees IT’s security department; establishes and maintains an information security program to adequately protect information assets and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and implementing information technology policies and resolving IT issues
- Manage outsourced and hosted services.
- Manage vendors and other external parties for procurement of services and products to support ongoing operations
- Prepare budgets and manage capital spending
- Provides strategic direction, coaches and mentors IT management staff. Accountable for IT functional/departmental results.
- IGT Table Manager, Info Genesis, CRM systems knowledge preferred.
- Gaming Gaming related system applications knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in network design and administration, data center operations, database administration, systems programming and administration, information security, system selection, fiscal management and strategic planning.
- High degree of credibility as a business-focused technology leader
- Strong project management skills and ability to work effectively through external vendors
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Must be able to work under pressure, accomplish tasks, and possess strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent, professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience developing and driving changes to operational procedures and policies
- Strong budget management skills
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate technical personnel
- Experience developing and managing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with third-party technology vendors, application hosting providers, network providers, and security providers.
- Experience developing and managing Statements of Work (SOWs) with external vendors
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
• 10 or more years of technology leadership preferred.
• Current or previous experience as a Vice-President or Director of IT for a large casino property.
This is a Full Time position.
If you feel that this position is a great match for your interests and skills, click the button below to apply. Thank you again for considering joining the Thunder Valley Casino Resort team!