Project Manager Job Listing at U.S. Cellular in BENSENVILLE, IL (Job ID 22521300)
Project Manager - Enterprise Testing-INF000489
The Project Manager will Lead small teams within Enterprise Testing and Quality Assurance and/or acts as track team lead for intermediate or large projects. Manages the effort end-to-end with oversight of analysis, development, test and support resources. Responsible for scoping, planning, executing, and monitoring the project to keep projects on schedule and to budget. Manage the relationship between technology and the business at the project level. Role responsibilities include components of: resource management, financial management, quality management, control management and business continuity management.
Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects, which includes:
- Defining the project charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success to support the business case.
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to-end project execution.
- Facilitate hardware, software, and maintenance agreement procurement.
- Supporting the effective delivery of requirement efforts.
- Help analyze and discuss the potential risks / benefits involved in using the specified technology solution to address the business requirement.
- Leading activities required to maintain and complete all project documentation. Obtains appropriate level of approval for all project documentation assigned to ensure understanding of expectations among all stakeholders.
- Facilitating the day-to-day coordination while adhering to Project Quality Framework standards and sponsor expectations.
- Working with Program Manager and Functional Manager(s) to select core project team and communicate staffing plan; present and gain approval from IS Leadership; execute on staffing plan.
- Conducting project / phase kick-off meetings to communicate individual roles and project expectations and ensure that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Holding project team members accountable to on-time completion and quality of project deliverables and milestones.
- Managing day-to-day activities of project team members proactively identifying and resolving issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of the program / project.
- Acting as liaison between the assigned project resources, project delivery owner, and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring project compliance to IS Project Management processes/standards, status reporting, and project quality governance.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and guidance to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and practices.
- Acting as an interface with internal and external audit groups for project related activities.
- Ensuring proper operations turnover with impacted functional areas and Release Management.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Occasionally assumes responsibility for vendor management related to the project to ensure proper selection, contract development and contract administration for vendors used during the project.
- Manages vendor deliverables through project execution.
- Gathers relevant facts and/or determines who to consult in order to make the best decisions. Utilizes formal decision making tools and processes.
- Support compliance of disaster recovery, security policies, and other regulatory requirements.
- Supports and/or facilitates development of Statements Of Work.
Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks, which includes:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution as necessary.
- Managing risks, assessing gaps/opportunities, and implementing action plans to mitigate risks, when applicable.
- Analyzing project financials and trends to identify opportunities, escalating issues and variances to budget where necessary.
- Promoting and monitoring compliance of application development activities with audit and information risk policies.
Responsible for building and leading effective project teams, which includes:
- Using problem-solving, critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Promoting effective teamwork.
- Dealing effectively and independently with critical conversation.
- Communicating effectively to a wide spectrum of audience in writing and verbally.
- Adapting to cultural and organizational climates.
- Optimizing experiences and relationships with project team members and leadership.
- Participate in project-based performance feedback of project team members.
- Fosters an environment in which collaborating with others is expected and encouraged.
- Creates an environment that motivates, inspires and respects others.
- Apply knowledge of corporate standards and vendor practices in project management to ensure successful delivery of the project.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationship across technology and business partners as appropriate: Business Planning Manager, Enterprise Program Manager, IS Project Managers, Resource and Vendor Managers.
- Support cross technology process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates a positive and proactive rather than reactive attitude towards change.
This associate will generally be responsible for managing projects with the following criteria:
- Typically IS project labor hours of 8,000 or less;
- Typically last approximately 6-9 months;
- Typically involve 4-6 IS teams;
- Project teams are typically 15 team members or less;
- Concurrently lead 2-4 small projects (IS project labor hours less than 3,000) or is a track lead for 1-2 intermediate (IS project labor hours between 3,000 to 8,000) or large (IS project labor hours greater than 8,000) projects.
- College degree, specialized training, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and industries
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Knowledge of sourcing methodologies, operating models and working with professional services firms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High organization and planning skills
- Ability to self start and be versatile in a dynamic environment
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience, managing projects for full life-cycle - from initiation to implementation
- Experience with wireless industry and team leadership preferred
- Experience with IS application integration and infrastructure preferred
- Project Management Certification preferred
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-BENSENVILLE_IL
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Vernon Hills, IL
Public Affairs Manager
Cancer Treatment Centers of America - Schaumburg, IL
Field Operations Coach - Chicago South Market
Chase - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: