SQA Manager Job Listing at U.S. Cellular in BENSENVILLE, IL (Job ID 22521200)
SQA Manager - Bensenville, IL-INF000487
Oversee the entire end-to-end testing process for the application /technology / platforms. Work closely with Project Managers / Build Leads to understand the technology to be implemented, and the standards and methodology used to ensure a quality product. Appropriately plan for the deployment of a quality release, develop the testing strategy and plan, form the testing team and ensure the testing process delivers a quality product built to specifications. Work with other QA / Testing Managers to leverage testing approaches and best practices. Provide reports and metrics on the test planning and execution processes and define/drive necessary improvements.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Manages the quality assurance and testing standard setting functions for the enterprise.
- Assists in the daily activities of the members of the SQA group.
- Works closely with Project and Production Application Managers to ensure that all testing activities occur in a timely fashion and to the level of quality demanded by the governing standards and business requirements.
- Works with the Project Manager / Process Improvement Manager in designing and ensuring overall integrity of the testing strategy.
- Works closely with other IS groups to coordinate current and future release plans and activities including coordination and QA planning to facilitate specific development projects that involve the computing environment, the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products.
- Ensures that the acceptable range for test results and performance is well understood, documented and achieved.
- Ensures that the testing documentation is appropriately coordinated with the relevant technical groups and release management.
- Assesses readiness and deviation of product / project performance based upon test results and product specifications.
- Provide measurements on test planning and execution. Drive improvement initiatives based on gaps.
- Coordinate with the business partners on development and execution of UAT.
- Define and manage the testing processes (e.g. defect management, traceability). Drive changes and/or improvements to the process as needed.
- Facilitate the definition of performance and test automation strategies frameworks.
- Ensure the quality and stability of the production environment by executing and/or validating the testing required to off cycle changes to the production environment.
- Manage 3rd party vendors who are assisting with testing according to SLAs, SOWs, etc.
- Provide management oversight for test data and environment planning and test execution.
- Shares / leverages successful products, processes and best practices across the organization.
- Implements communication and knowledge sharing process for team members.
- Contributes to continuous improvement by leveraging quality improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, ITIL, SDLC, CMMI, etc.).
- Refines and enhances technology methodologies and / or standards.
Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships across the technology organization and Business Operations.
- Encourages strong partnerships with the business and other technology team members.
- Participates in and support process improvement initiatives.
- Manage individual and team workload to deliver to agreed upon project milestones.
- Proactively promote consistent career management, performance measurement and skill development of junior staff.
- Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes.
- Promote effective teamwork and resolve interpersonal issues.
- Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements:
- College degree, specialized training, or equivalent work experience.
Experience with test methods / tools.
- Testing / QA certification and methods (see QA Analyst).
- Familiarity with sourcing operating models and working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong project management and team management skills e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management etc.
Work Experience Required.
- SQA Manager: 7 to 10 years of relevant professional work experience. Requires prior management, supervisory or team leader experiences.
Relevant Technical Skills:
- Business Applications: Billing Rating, Activation Provisioning, Inventory Management, Sales Marketing, Campaign Management, Deal Compensation/Sales Commission, CRM/Customer Service, Amdocs Ensemble, Portal Infranet.
- Call Center Technologies: ACD/PBX, CTI, IVR, Emperix.
- Office Automation: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Planning Design: Microsoft Project.
- eSkills: HTML/CSS, Java/JSP, J2EE, XML.
- Integration Technologies: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Informatica, MQ-Series
- Testing Tools: Mercury Testing Suite (Quality Center, Performance Center)
Standards Methodology: SDLC, Six Sigma, CMMI, Agile, ITIL
The SQA Management roles are NOT expected to know all of the skills at any given point in their career. The critical skills will depend on his/her current level and specific responsibilities within IS organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills that an SQA Manager may be required to demonstrate over the course of this role.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-BENSENVILLE_IL
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Data Reporting Analyst
Robert Half Technology - Chicago, IL
Automation Engineer II
Jabil Circuit - Hanover Park, IL
Sysmex America, Inc. - Lincolnshire, IL
Locate this job: