Electrician - Diesel Engines Job Listing at Union Pacific in Livonia, LA (Job ID ScrapingHub11639-Electrician Diesel Engines/Livonia/LA/070967)
Diesel Electricians perform the inspection, repair and maintenance of the electrical components on diesel electric locomotives. Physical duties involve occasionally climbing and maintaining balance on locomotive steps and ladders to gain access to the locomotive roof; maintaining balance when occasionally walking on catwalks, running boards, uneven terrain, ballast, and roofs while making repairs; stepping around objects and equipment on the floor; lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing 25 lbs to 70 lbs occasionally; performing work while occasionally bending and stooping and in awkward postural positions; performing occasional overhead work for short periods of time; and remaining standing or sitting for more than one-half of every work day with the opportunity to periodically change position for comfort.
* Perform, with use of blueprints, schematics and location circuit plans, scheduled electrical inspections of various components and inspection and test of circuitry in accordance with company and industry standards.
* Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
* Perform maintenance and repair of electrical components in locomotive cabs or electrical compartments and perform maintenance for miscellaneous equipment using blueprints, schematics, and location circuit plans.
* Plan and coordinate work activities, determine equipment needs, and develop sequences of steps to get work completed.
* Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
* Applicants for this position must pass a pre-employment test in English before being allowed to interview. Click here to see a sample of the Skilled Craft Battery test.
* Provide verifiable documentation of at least one of the following: A combination of electrical education and some work experience totaling at least 2 year(s); OR A minimum of 2 year(s) of work experience in electronics, control systems, AC/DC motors, or electrical components; OR a current journeyman's electrical card.
* Applicants must qualify on a Physical Ability Test (PAT) prior to employment. Click here for a description of the Physical Abilities Test.
* An Associates Degree or higher in electronics, control systems, AC/DC motors, or electrical component.
* Provide verifiable documentation of a minimum of 4 years of combined electrical education and work experience in electronics, control systems, AC/DC motors, OR 4 years of electrical work experience, OR a current journeyman's electrical card.
With more than 8,000 locomotives and 107,000 freight cars, mechanics at all career levels can find opportunities at Union Pacific’s many shops. Mechanical employees inspect, repair and maintain freight cars and locomotives. By ensuring the equipment is in good working order, Union Pacific can offer safe, reliable transport of customer goods.
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they’ve helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.
*Location:* Livonia, LA
*Closing Date:* Apply early as this job may be removed as soon as there are sufficient applicants.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Utilities jobs in Louisiana Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Zachary, LA
Field Support Representative 2
Redbox - Baton Rouge, LA
Electrician - Journeyman
Union Pacific - Livonia, LA
Locate this job: