Software Engineers / Software Developers Job Listing at Union Pacific in Omaha, NE (Job ID ScrapingHub11639-Software Engineers Software Developers/Omaha/NE/069607)
Design, develop, implement and maintain new and modified systems utilizing new and experimental information technologies to support the departments of the railroad.
* Use new information technologies to assemble systems meeting department business needs. This may require an understanding of, and ability to work with, multiple types of hardware and software. The system design must be reviewed with customer department personnel to ensure it meets their requirements.
* Use new information technologies to assemble systems meeting department standards that resolve customer department business needs. This may require an understanding of, and ability to work with, multiple types of hardware and software. The system must be reviewed with customer department personnel to ensure it functions correctly.
* Participate in the maintenance and support of systems utilizing new information technologies to ensure performance, availability, protection and data security required for a world-class transportation company. The existing system may utilize technology the incumbent is not experienced in, requiring quick understanding of unfamiliar methods.
* Work closely with customer departments to respond to questions concerning functioning of existing or proposed systems utilizing new information technologies. This requires a high degree of customer responsiveness while following project management guidelines in reporting time and effort.
* Work with other project members to assist in meeting project goals. Provide assistance to team members in problem solving to correct system errors. Provide assistance to team members in meeting target dates and in understanding applications of new technologies.
* Assist the project leader in developing and reporting project schedules to meet the department and customer requirements.
* A Bachelor Degreein Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
* 1 year(s) experience in Information Technologyfocusing on the utilization of new Information Technologies
* Do you have Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
* Do you have Advanced communication skills
Union Pacific, a Fortune 200 company, is a leader in developing and applying new technology to efficiently move freight in a safe and environmentally friendly manner. Technological advances in freight cars, locomotives, track and communications have enabled Union Pacific to continue to be on the leading edge of the transportation industry. UP’s success is built on one of the most advanced networks, consisting of voice, video, radio fiber optics, microwave, internet and data communications.
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they’ve helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.
*Location:* Omaha, NE
*Closing Date:* 12-31-2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Omaha, NE
View similar jobs:
WebSphere Portal Developer (Direct Hire)
Robert Half Technology - Lincoln, NE
First Data - Omaha, NE
Sr Implementation Analyst
First Data - Omaha, NE
Locate this job: