Apply on Company Website
Integrated Pipeline Projects
, a subsidiary of UniversalPegasus International, currently has openings for PIPELINE ENGINEERS
in Calgary, AB.
As part of a project team, you will be responsible for the design of transmission pipelines and related facilities from conceptual state to final design phase and supporting construction if and when required. You will also support the project manager by providing technical direction and controls within the project team including (but not limited to) checking of deliverable and training junior level staff, as well as provide technical details that support detailed pipeline design and specifications.
Essential responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
Education and Work Experience:
- Provide support in the proposal, FEED and detailed design stages of projects.
- Lead the detailed design of transmission pipelines.
- Direct third party engineering teams to obtain specialist design input.
- Insure accuracy and completeness of technical data including resources information, calculations and code interpretation for pipe, valves, fittings, coatings, C.P., crossings, bending, and ILI facilities.
- Participate in the development of project organization and work breakdown structures.
- Lead in good project management practices within interdisciplinary functions (i.e. drafting, GIS, Consultants).
- Support local project teams as well as those assigned to field positions.
- Provide support for cost reports detailing budgets, approved changes, commitments and forecasts from available information and historical trends.
- Prepare and process input to the design control system for assigned projects.
- Perform analytical review and verification of design drawings, review work of others; stamp and sign calculations, reports and drawings as required.
- Routinely provide accurate cost updates and trends for assigned projects.
- Routinely provide schedule updates and identify constrictions and/or efficiencies.
- Assess the impact of design changes on schedule and costs and prepare trends.
- Participate in efforts to improve project management by proposing process or tool improvements, developing specifications, supporting implementation of new technologies.
- Provide expertise and act as a resource to the team on “how to” apply the tools, processes and practices to the given project.
- Provide direction to procurement, participate in bid evaluations and prepare vendor recommendations for the client.
- Engineering degree (Mechanical or Civil discipline preferred) from a recognized college or university.
- Registered as a Professional Engineering within Canada.
- Minimum of 5 – 7+ years experience as a professional engineer in pipeline design as per CSA codes.
- Experience related to high pressure oil and gas transmission pipelines.
- Experience with long distance, large diameter pipeline projects preferred.
- Canadian or North American pipeline engineering experience is preferred.
- Experience in an EPCM environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical ability.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Experience with summarizing technical results and producing management reports.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop creative solutions.
- Experience in writing work scopes and specifications.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team or independently.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package.
Integrated Pipeline Projects Canada Limited (IPP) located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of UniversalPegasus International, a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus employs over 1,100 employees and has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
IPP specializes in the execution of complex, multi-disciplined pipeline projects including routing, design and construction management. We have broad experience in delivering oil and gas transmission pipeline projects in Canada and have notable experience with projects in difficult terrain as well as projects in northern and cold climates. To Apply – send resumes to:
email@example.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
*** Unsolicited Third Party Resumes Not Accepted ***