Ivinson Memorial Hospital Position - interested applicants MUST apply at www.ivinsonhospital.org , select Career Opportunities and complete an online application.
Dosimetrist/Radiation Therapist - Radiation Oncology
Join our team! Ivinson offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package and a great team environment!
· Nestled in the foothills of the Snowy Range
· Home of the UW Cowboys
· College town… small town flair
· Endless outdoor recreation opportunities
The Dosimetrist/Radiation Therapy Technologist is a member of the radiation oncology team who has knowledge of the overall characteristics and clinical relevance of radiation oncology treatment machines and equipment and administers ionizing radiation to patients as prescribed and instructed by the radiation oncologist in accordance to the established standards and practices. The Dosimetrist/Radiation Therapy Technologist demonstrates the ability to administer/simulate accurate and precise treatment on a daily basis and is cognizant of procedures commonly used in brachytherapy. The Dosimetrist/Radiation Therapy Technologist maintains accurate and complete records of the patient’s treatment and has the education and expertise necessary to generate radiation dose distributions and dose calculations in collaboration with radiation oncologist.
Qualifications Experience :
1. Must have current Wyoming State license.
2. Must have current ARRT certification.
3. Must be a graduate of an accredited radiation technology program.
4. Must be a graduate of a formally organized hospital or college affiliated medical dosimetry program with clinical and classroom curriculum, and other training and/or experience as a medical dosimetrist so that the total duration of study, training and experience is at least 18 months; or
a. Must possess a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a major in the physical or biological sciences, or is a registered respiratory therapist. Together with these credentials must also demonstrate completion of two (2) or more years of on-the-job training and work experience in medical dosimetry under the supervision of a Certified Medical Dosimetrist or Medical Physicist; or
b. Must possess an Associate of Science, Bachelor of Art, or a Bachelor of Science degree in a field other than those of the physical or biological science. Together with this degree, must also demonstrate completion of on-the-job training in medical dosimetry under the supervision of a Certified Medical Dosimetrist or Medical Physicist and has under the supervision of a Certified Medical Dosimetrist or Medical Physicist a subsequent period of supervised work experience in medical dosimetry of at least four (4) years.
5. Previous radiation oncology experience helpful. 2-3 years of experience as a Radiation Therapist strongly preferred.
6. CPR validation and positive interpersonal skills a must.
1. Graduate of an accredited Radiological Science/Radiation Therapy program.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities Required :
1. Must be able to apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology, oncologic pathology, radiation biology, radiation oncology techniques, treatment planning procedures, and dosimetry in the performance of their duties.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, health professionals, and the public.
3. Must be able to accept responsibility for administering a radiation oncologist (physician)-prescribed course of radiation therapy, providing the patient care during treatment, and maintaining treatment records.
4. Must be able to evaluate and assess treatment delivery components.
5. Must be able to evaluate and assess the daily physiologic and psychological responsiveness of the patient, and ensure quality care for patients undergoing radiation therapy.
6. Must be able to understand the technical aspects of radiation oncology and medical physics to derive computerized treatment plans, and communicate these aspects to the Radiation Oncologist for plan approval, and to the Radiation Therapist for plan implementation.
7. Must have strong working knowledge of radiation safety and current rules and regulations of the Nuclear Regulation Commission.
8. Must have the ability to interpret and execute treatment plans as defined in relevant treatment protocols.
9. Must possess mathematical skills, including algebra, trigonometry and introductory calculus and must be able to visualize objects in three-dimensional concepts to facilitate the treatment planning process.
SHIFT: Please note this is a full-time, benefited position.
APPLY: To apply, visit www.ivinsonhospital.org , select Career Opportunities, and complete an online application.
Ivinson Memorial Hospital expects that every team member will role model Patient Centered Care behaviors and be guided by IMH’s Values and the Principles of Patient Centered Care.
It is vital that an individual in this position be capable of good communication skills. It is of the utmost importance that written communication is legible.
Ivinson Memorial Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.