Apply on Company Website
We are currently seeking an Engineering Supervisor to impact the organization by working with the District and Region Engineering Departments to develop, implement, and deploy approved operational processes and best practices consistently throughout the company.
This individual will:
- Train Region and District I.E. resources in the approved processes and standards for work measurement application and will maintain the SCS database which houses such information
- Assist the Region and District Solutions in developing labor requirements for new business opportunities
- Assist the District I.E. departments in special re-engineering or new projects as necessary
- Take a lead role in consulting opportunities and may also take a lead role in planning and execution of large project implementations or training initiatives
- Manage other subject matter experts to ensure timelines and project deliverables are met and developing Web Application training for use by Operation Trainers
- Be responsible for coordinating Operation Trainers efforts in field training
The ideal candidate is an Industrial Engineer with experience in work measurement, methods and procedures and site layout in a distribution environment. An Engineering Supervisor reports to an Engineering Section Manager.
- A Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related engineering is required
- Three to five years industrial engineering/logistical experience in transportation, warehousing, or other related operations is preferred
- Consulting background a plus with strong knowledge of work measurement, methods and procedures and plant layout in a distribution environment
- Ability to review and verify costs of various options with an understanding of finance and accounting principles. Ability to perform alternative analysis and recommend optimal solutions, clearly document process review data and formulate revised or improved processes, and work with a variety of other departments and coordinate activities within own department
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills and working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Projects. Knowledge of Access, LeAP Cost Model and Auto CAD is a plus.
- A Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related engineering degree is preferred.
- This position requires legal authorization to work in the United States.