Apply on Company Website
Retail, Consumer Goods
Manages the activities related to the development and organization of the accounting function for the Business Group. Responsibilities may include administering the accounting function in accordance with the company’s accounting policies and procedures, designing and implementing accounting policies and procedures, and interpreting the accounting information to senior management.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises staff to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations and determining disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Directs and monitors a variety of accounting activities to ensure the company’s financial resources are managed in accordance with accounting principles and comply with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- Manages accounting functions that include account reconciliations, accounting analysis, general ledger maintenance and revenue accounting.
- Review financial reports and accounting statements to ensure their accuracy.
- Leads, directs, evaluates, and develops a team of accounting professionals to ensure accounting activities are completed accurately and on time.
- Responds to questions and concerns from senior management regarding financial operations and results, performs research and provides recommendations.
- Develops appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with financial management principles and practices and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; monitors compliance with these areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Five plus years of progressive accounting experience, including two plus years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Accounting.
- CPA preferred
- Account reconciliation experience including process improvement
- Experience working with a large ERP system (Oracle 11i preferred)
- Must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Prefer experience with large public corporation month end close process
- Supervising and evaluation employees