Locate this job
Performs comprehensive sales activities and oversees account management responsibility, with an emphasis on driving sales growth through core business retention and increased new business share. Responsibilities include leading sales activities, implementing sales and related business strategies, and developing relationships with all levels of customer management. The Sales Rep II requires direction from supervisor, working with all levels of customer management, and managing accounts on a regional or national level with a considerable complexity or scope. The Rep II is able to manage the sales process and is able to collaborate and influence sales management, customer service, technical service, demand planning, RD and manufacturing. The role would engage in projects and initiatives for their specific region and/or business.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently drive profitable growth in the territory for which they responsible through new business development and core account retention.
- Focus new business development efforts on the specific targeted markets identified by leadership to reach sales goals. Identify and develop differentiated value proposition to maximize the speed and effectiveness of new business commercialization.
- Retain core business by managing all account activities, coordinating company resources (laboratory, technical service, application engineering, sales management), to facilitate the relationship between the customer and Valspar. This must include a strategic plan in which differentiating value is brought to the customer, and their business
- Responds to questions and concerns from customers, applies a thorough understanding of product lines and related application methods, and ensures customer satisfaction; provides direction to other personnel when required.
- Maximizes profitability in territory through
- Timely pricing implementation to maintain and improve margin
- Accurate forecasts of current and new business for effective inventory management
- Assist in product rationalization as required
- Assist in accounts receivable collection when needed
- Demonstrate understanding of the technical aspects and applications of our products. Keep up to date with the new approaches and technologies, which can change or improve our differentiation. This should, include working closely with industry contacts (,e.g. pre-treat suppliers and equipment suppliers), and sharing and gathering market information.
- Understands the critical markets in their territory and able to leverage market knowledge and expertise with customers to drive revenue growth.
- Pro-actively monitor, and effectively communicate internally any changes in customer's requirements (e.g. product performance, quality control, billing, receiving, etc..), so that Valspar can continue to meet and exceed customers’ expectations as a supplier.
- Collaborates with technical service representatives, sales team, or other staff to perform account maintenance activities, which includes prioritizing and assigning work and determining work direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a technical field is preferred.
- Three years or more years of successful sales experience in Industrial Finishes/Coatings/Paints/Chemicals preferred.
- Applying advanced sales and related business principles and practices;
- Developing and implementing sales and related business strategies;
- Applying thorough industry specific sales and technical concepts;
- Developing and strengthening relationships with customers and contacts;
- Giving sales and industry presentations;
- Working with all levels of management;
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as required;
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Solid skills in business planning/consulting and territory financial analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills; team oriented; conceptual/consultative sales skills
Apply on company website