Apply on Company Website
The Business Information Lead (BIL) is responsible for defining and delivering information solutions to Vantiv’s LOBs and functional business units, mainly focused on financial performance metrics but also include aspects of operational information unit production. The BIL will work directly with the financial leaders and or other functional executives to redesign and transform how information is used ensuring that the right information gets to the right people at the right time. This requires the BIL to constantly be reconciling demand requests against value delivered and interacting with the business on a frequent basis.
The BIL is expected to have deep subject matter experience within the information domain they support. This is critical to being successful in this position as their interactions with be with the senior finance leaders as well as business leadership. They will be expected to solve complex problems relating to information delivery, understanding the business, reporting structures, financial methodology and the information value chain.
The BIL will support various project and programs, but not necessary in a traditional PM capacity. They will be required to manage demand and force prioritized of requests both large and small coming into the team. Effective execution of this model will help to drive forward the enterprise information initiatives of the organization.
Serve as the primary liaison across IT, Operations and the business line analyzing high level business requirements into system-specific functional requirement and design specifications. Leverage a sound understanding of business systems and technology along with industry standard requirements to help influence business requirements.
1. Serves as the primary liaison between IT, Operations and the business line throughout the project cycle.
2. Dissect high level business requirements into system-specific functional requirement and design specifications.
3. Possess a sound understanding of business systems and technology along with industry standard requirements.
4. Provides project guidance across IT to ensure system enhancements follow the appropriate IT guidelines, meet or exceed user requirements, and are completed in a timely fashion.
5. Provides input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates and other aspects of assigned projects.
6. Manages requirements through the Software Development Life Cycle leveraging a solid understanding of change management processes.
7. Reviews operational procedures and methods and recommends changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
8. Identifies, researches, and analyzes production problems in order to develop solutions to resolve problems.
9. Provides training of users and operational personnel on new features and system enhancements.
10. Actively involved in the Quality Assurance testing of the delivered system against the defined requirements.
11. Keeps current with trends and technological innovations in the payments and IT industries, and makes appropriate development recommendations.
12. Other duties as required.
1. Undergraduate degree in Finance, preferably a graduate level degree with a focus in business, finance or information systems
2. A minimum of 4 to 6 years of related experience plus strong foundation of financial planning analysis and accounting skills
3. Technical capacity with Hyperion Essbase and Oracle